Rustina510 wagoon

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx dude. I like the grey and black look so far, can't wait to drop it a few more inches and get new fenders and finish the body work.

It turns out that I have to move so it might be a few weeks before I can get more done to the car.

I'll be moving into se side of my city.

Is that SE Portland or SE Beaverton?

Ok so today went pretty well.

I picked up my new exhaust.

I went to rotary 510's place and replaced my old balljoints with brand spanking new ones "thx for the recommendation dislexicdime" and replaced the uber stiff 400lbs springs for some 175's.

It's like driving a whole different car! With my ceap ass primer job to get it one color again and my new suspension parts it really seems like a totally different ride.

e99dacf4.jpg

a4381a54.jpg

And my little pit crew. They want to help so bad, I had to let them

bf441401.jpg

f7762a51.jpg

Had a set back today, hopped in the car, fired her up, drove out the driveway, went to stop at my first stop sign and no brakes.

Pulled back into my place and the resavore to the rear brakes was empty.

Looked on the ground and saw a nice puddle of brake fluid where I was parked.

I'll be taking it apart tomorrow

• 1 month later...

I found a great running ka24e and 5 speed. Got a good price on it. It will be in my new garage mid April and I'll be getting the little bit a pieces for the swap soon.

I would love to get some help doing this. I'll make it fun and worth your while for anyone who is willing and able.

I also scored a 91 240sx dash with HUD and some other parts like a ka24de ecu and harness. I'm hoping to do the swap in may so it's all ready to drive to canby. Or maybe I'll just bring it to canby and have all the ratsun member help me swap it their? Lol that could be fun. Unless I had to tow it home...

cool you got new drums

importrp.com sell Brembo discs and drums I believe at a good price.

when I do drums know on I put anti sieze compound on the surface that mates up with the drum to help pull it off later. I knw those have jacking screw on the drum.( I use spare intake bolts to jack the drum off)

I havent changed a brake line myself but make sure you have at least a Craftsmans brake line wrenches not to round those things out.

Wagoon looks better !!!!!!

Yeah new drums, shoes. Rotors, pads, balljoints, tie rods. Front control arm bushings, and 175lbs front springs. It was a lot of wOrk but it drives like a whole new dam car so it was worth it.

I'll be doing all new brake lines because I have a slow leak in the rear brake system now and havnt been able to locate it.

Mostly moog. I got it from rock auto " they where cheaper than the moog sight for the same exact part"

The actual suspension is a front coilover set up on modified 510 parts. 510 keeper made them,I know I know the zx part mod to coilover are better for brakes and stuff.

Total price was like only 150$ for everything and oh man does it help the car.

After we did all the installing it was like drivin a whole new car