1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice vid, shonuff your truck reminds me of my old Tacoma, just point and drive, it will get there. That 85 needs a locker or two....

^^^^^^^ And some swampers! 

That 85 is bone stock with 33"s, put's on a helluva show and is reliable as fuck. :lol:

It will be getting some upgrades over the summer I think, a thread will be started.

trucks lookn great redeye!

Thanks man, needs some t-case gearing now.   :)

man at the 1min mark dude launches a softball sized rock at you redeye.!

Shonuff your truck is a beast it makes that terrain look way to easy

All part of the fun! :D

Nuffs truck has been through the wars. Everything on it has be replaced at least once and several upgrades over time have made it a mean machine. 

Back in the day, bone stock, next to my Jeep before it was stolen.

beforestolen.jpg

You can see my Jeep in this video in the state it was in after I got it back. It was never quite tight again after that.

My 2yo son loves this video. I had to watch it 2 times so far and he cries hysterically when it is done... Looks like one I need to have on repeat for him. Thanks!

I feel the same way, I've watched it a bunch of times. :D

Nice vid, shonuff your truck reminds me of my old Tacoma, just point and drive, it will get there. That 85 needs a locker or two....

^^^^^^^ And some swampers!

Ya, I'm constantly amazed at how it just drives through shit now. The 85 has way more fun then me, the heavy gas pedal makes up for any tire upgrade ;)

man at the 1min mark dude launches a softball sized rock at you redeye.!

Shonuff your truck is a beast it makes that terrain look way to easy

I know right, if I knew how to do special effects I would of highlighted it lol

Thx, it's hard enough to get how steep stuff is on film, and my truck just makes it look all the easier... Friends with stock rigs kick ass

My 2yo son loves this video. I had to watch it 2 times so far and he cries hysterically when it is done... Looks like one I need to have on repeat for him. Thanks!

Best video comment ever! You have pm

Nuffs truck has been through the wars. Everything on it has be replaced at least once and several upgrades over time have made it a mean machine. 

Back in the day, bone stock, next to my Jeep before it was stolen.

beforestolen.jpg

You can see my Jeep in this video in the state it was in after I got it back. It was never quite tight again after that.

Not true, I'm still rocking the original hood, springs, shocks, frame, and axle housings :p

Ahh memories, sad thing is both of those rigs got stolen eventually, but kinda awesome because we both got em back.

Lol , you said your jeep was tight at some point, I drove it home once before it was stolen and have never been so scared of a car

• Like 3

Lol , you said your jeep was tight at some point, I drove it home once before it was stolen and have never been so scared of a car

It was a lot looser after being stolen. You only had to drive it a little ways because the control arm got ripped of The Celica and I was the one that 3-wheeled The Celica the same distance, with my brother in the back corner as ballast. :rofl:

Good fucking times :D

Obligatory The Celica pic, look at that burnout (in the drivers seat) :lol:

is_00250.jpg

Hi Nico, miss you cow dog  :(

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What vintage is that?  Can I have it?

It is out of a 1996 Toyota 4runner. There is a guy local to me that parts out just that generation of 4runner so I might be able to get you a line on one if you wanted next time he has one. You should be able to find them locally fairly easily though.

badass score man!!

this shit is gonna rock after the spring swap..

Yep, I'm gonna have to do something about the wheel openings for sure after that. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Did some scouting this weekend for our annual Memorial weekend camping trip. Took a few pics of the truck, thought I would share :)

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

We are camping out by Darrington again, we were thinking of going somewhere else due to the Oso slide (closed off our main access to the area) but we decided that we would bring our money and buy all our supplies out there instead to help out. I don't think they will see there normal memorial traffic this year, so it's the least we can do.

• Like 3

Ya know Steve, aside from how cool your truck is, I think it's cool of your group to do this for the locals. Granted, your not going to pay anyones mortgage payment from a single weekend, BUT, the thinking of others in your venture for a fun and exciting weekend is superhero in my book!   :thumbup:

Gear is staged, coolers are cleaned food is purchased. This is the earliest I've been ready for camping. So I figured I would get to a project that's been on the backburner for a while. Picking up some more plate today so I can finish up the ends. Hopefully have it painted by tomorrow evening and ready to install Thursday morning before we head out.

IMG_0949.jpg

• Like 3

Gear is staged, coolers are cleaned food is purchased. This is the earliest I've been ready for camping. So I figured I would get to a project that's been on the backburner for a while. Picking up some more plate today so I can finish up the ends. Hopefully have it painted by tomorrow evening and ready to install Thursday morning before we head out.

IMG_0949.jpg

oooOOOoooooo.....pretty bumper......