Should I do the trade?

There's a difference between rare and unwanted. There are plenty of 2+2s to be had. I don't like how the roof and side Windows look like they were stretched to fit the backseat. It throws off the flow of the body.

But make the decision on what you want. That z looks tore up, but nothing a little time and money can't fix.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a 260z 2+2 is the rarest model S30 in the US.

does that make it worth anything extra?

...... nope.

2+2's are rarer but not more desirable.

Ill pass on a nice S30 at good price if its a 2+2.

it kills the S30 lines and looks bloated. and 2+2 S130's look like whales.

Yeah, I know this but lol people complain I don't have one in the roadster or miata. :lol:

I'm gonna see if the guy will drop it off at my house and then maybe consider it a deal.

I've fit 5 people in my 280Z 2+0. Granted, it was me and four petite dancers; but there is no real purpose to having a rear seat. Also "more rare" does not equal "more valuable" if no one wants them in the first place. I can take a corn-filled shit in a box and label it rare because I don't eat corn that often; but it doesn't mean it's going to sell any more than regular shit does.

Anyways, if you do have a mewling, squealing, thumb sucking tax deduction some day, there's no reason why you couldn't devise a way to use the cargo tie downs in the back as mounting points for a child seat. biggrin.gif

I have owned 3 two seaters s30's in my life ,,,

say what you will ,,, when all the two seaters are dried up ,,, the others will be desirable ,,, just like Domestic Tin when the two doors dry up ,,, no one cars whether there is two or four doors at that point ,,, they just want one :D

If one was the right price ,,, I would consider it ,,,

I say do what YOU want to do ,,,

I have owned 3 two seaters s30's in my life ,,,

say what you will ,,, when all the two seaters are dried up ,,, the others will be desirable ,,, just like Domestic Tin when the two doors dry up ,,, no one cars whether there is two or four doors at that point ,,, they just want one :D

If one was the right price ,,, I would consider it ,,,

I say do what YOU want to do ,,,

agreed!

One of the biggest deals with this Z is that it has a title, which always seems to be an issue out this way. I can get new titles for a car, but the issue is it cost me 150 bucks per title and its not guaranteed I'll get it.

The Vdub to me is at most worth 800 bucks, even with the engine work. The Z is worth about 600 due to it having a valid title, this is because out this way you don't see very many dattos and ones you do normally lack a title.

You've seen my z and know how much I paid for it right?.... better deals are to be found, I wouldn't value that z at more than 200, but it all depends on location, want, and boredom. We can all give our opinions but its up to you. Either way you win as long as its what you want.

I have a Super beetle and a 2+2, Seeing that 2+2 I would wait and find something in better condition, I like my 2+2 they have wider rear fenders, longer wheelbase and I have more room to haul stuff in it then In my beetle. Everyone has their own opinion's on 2+2's but they're not so bad if you build them they way you want. They don't even weigh that much more then coupes as commonly believed a 2+2 is only around 2600lbs.

Also the rear seat isn't that bad I'm 6 foot 165lbs and I can fit fine in the back seat, but I have also swapped the front seats which gave tons more leg room.

2+2's just need bigger wider wheels to look good imo while coupes can pull of 15's etc.

Datsun260zclassic.jpg

• Like 1

2+2 doesnt look worse in my opinion, although im not a big fan of the s30 either way. judging strictly on value id say keep the bug, i bet you could make the same trade for a nice running z, they are all over texas which wouldnt be too far from you

After reading this thread, I have one question. What were the production figures on 2+2s? Are they a low production vehicle? That answer should be a thought. If I had a '63 bug My decision would be based on the bajabug conversion. Out here in Cali and Arizona, there is a significant price drop as soon as a sawzall has been taken to a bug. The bajabug craze destroyed hundreds of nice early year bugs. They can never be restored without noticable effects by looking closely. That being said, a bajabug is a very low $$$ vehicle. But so is that 2+2 most on here have said. Are You wanting a "fresh" project? Keep the high $$$ parts off the bug and trade but keep in mind (THIS subject has not been mentioned yet-- carburetion issues on the different Zs) You may spend HUGE $$$ building that 2=2.

Just a bit of an update.

The guy is gonna be dropping the Z off at my new house tomorrow but before we trade he wants to "look it over real good". So I figure I'll look the Z over real good as well, though from what I've seen of the Z so far my bug is still the better end of the deal. So if he wants to be picky then he should have owned a 2+0 :lol:

I'm tired of the bug, it sits around and any time I take it off road I break something on it. I'd be better off with a V8 z honestly and body work doesn't scare me, its dealing with what the PO's of the car has fucked up is what does. :P