I'm really leaning towards keeping her and just getting it done, tones of ppl have showed intrest but haven't had any worthy offers. For thoes of you that have seen my car/add id like to know what you would offer for it considering its condition. The price I have listed is higher than what I'm looking to get but you know you have to leave room to bargain

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manual choke linkage? got one laying around oiks of how much you have, just pay shipping and it's yours, any datsunlover shouldn't be without a datsun. I got weber parts like crazy. also water choke. converted mine to electric when I bought it new

In my experience, if you get rid of your first datto that's all you'll ever want back. I sold my first datto as a teen and life took a turn some years after... 11 years later I was able to repurchase my first datto from the man i sold it to. now, she is my daily and will never leave me again!

• Like 1

Ok so its been a while and I still have her, I have a couple people people coming by this weekend that are interested. I'm starting to want to keep her and just buckle down and get it done BUT, if I do I think I'm just gunna yank the motor n transand see if I can trade it for KA stuff. So I'm wondering how much you ka guys spent swapping your motors and getting all that done. Id really like some input from you who have done the swap

Seriously learn the L series motor (stock motor) first then move on to other motors. If you know about cars. Then you would of had this car running like a champ! Buy some books. Go to the library and read and ask questions. And fix it. Once you think you know about it. Then ask questions about ka and its swap.

Ok so its been a while and I still have her, I have a couple people people coming by this weekend that are interested. I'm starting to want to keep her and just buckle down and get it done BUT, if I do I think I'm just gunna yank the motor n transand see if I can trade it for KA stuff. So I'm wondering how much you ka guys spent swapping your motors and getting all that done. Id really like some input from you who have done the swap

Get off the fence. Sell or keep. You can't seriously want it if you have people coming over to see it. If you can't get an L series going, heaven help you with an EFI KA motor. "Yank the motor and tranny and trade for KA stuff??? If lucky you might get a KA head for a 3 cylinder L20B.

Do a compression test with a warm motor and record the results.

#4 is 90 PSI? Squirt a few teaspoon fulls of motor oil in the plug hole, spin it over a few times and re-test it.

If the compression jumped way up the rings are shot.

If the compression does not change it has to be a badly sealing valve(s) or remotely possible the head gasket is bad.

Check, set the valve lash.

No change?, the head must come off and valve and or seat inspected. May be quicker/easier to swap the head.

Now you have some idea what is needed to fix this or if you want to bother.

• Like 1

this is a roller coaster... definately a made for tv movie fer sure.....my wife has told me to get rid of the 521 several times...i tell her its worth more to me then anyone else and like was said earlier .... could be worse i could be at a bar getting hammered instead of fixing my datsun.,...thats part of why i own a datsun... to learn about it and work on it and feel good when problems are fixed... fix it keep it drive it...putting it for a high price on craigslist will just get people casing your house to rob you...j/k

Wait until you have money, that's the key. Start saving now, just $30 a month, put it in a hidey spot, not in the bank. After a while, you'll have some dough, and you can spend time finding the next project that may need no work, just find and drive and do some upkeep and maintenance. There are always more cars.

save up for a nice car you dont have to work on. and please do not buy another datsun. you dont deserve one

Did you completely brain fart the troubles he was having trying to fight to keep the Datto? Come back and post again later when you can be a little less of a jackass.

• Like 3

Did you completely brain fart the troubles he was having trying to fight to keep the Datto? Come back and post again later when you can be a little less of a jackass.

Thanks hardwyre, I really wanted to keep her but I'm more in need of money at the moment and she was the quickest way to make cash. My family saving to move is more important right now, when were settled and well established maybe then I'll take on a project. I was bitter the whole weekend knowing I gave up the car I drove 8+ hrs up north just to get and busted my ass for weeks to afford it. Lil89ram is entitled to his opinion and if that's how he feels so b it. I can at least b happy with the fact I owned my dream car.

Thanks hardwyre, I really wanted to keep her but I'm more in need of money at the moment and she was the quickest way to make cash. My family saving to move is more important right now, when were settled and well established maybe then I'll take on a project. I was bitter the whole weekend knowing I gave up the car I drove 8+ hrs up north just to get and busted my ass for weeks to afford it. Lil89ram is entitled to his opinion and if that's how he feels so b it. I can at least b happy with the fact I owned my dream car.

well, if you believe what my dad says, "sometimes you have to give up something you love, and in return, you will get something you are in awe over." ... just keep your head up man.

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Well she's gone :'( I honestly just don't have the time right now. I'll wait until I have time to take on a project next time ........

What ever happened... He never called me. I swore I saw his car FS. Did you sell it RO510?