I always tell a girl; you dont have to like it, but dont give me shit for it.

once upon a time I had a girl I was with for 3 years tell me I had to get rid of my car shit....

challenge+accepted.png

I dont think her ultimatum worked out as well as it did in her head :rofl:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny.

But if there are fewer good role models for boys it's likely because the father isn't around, divorce or separation whatever. If there is a step dad HE is likely the asshole! And what is it to be a male anyway?? To grow up with media and society crammed full of violence and calling women bitches and ho's? No accountability for your actions? Or to watch your mom and dad interact and deal with problems and solve them with some good old give and take? If you (generally speaking) can't solve problems and work them out with your wife, at least on a regular basis, then I would say you didn't do your homework before getting married.

That's what I'm getting at. Media and pop culture portray men in one of three ways: The asshole, the pussy, or the sissy. There never seems to be a middle ground. Sports "icons" more and more behave like lawless thugs when once they were contractually required to behave well in public and perform community duties. Hockey seems to be the only sport now and days that actually demands their players act like role models.

Media and pop culture also show boys that either they act like complete assholes in a relationship or complete and total door mats. The OP's issue isn't that the car is a financial burden, it's that his wife is insecure about his love for it, so she's trying to pussy whip him into getting rid of it. The small amount of money he would make off of it would do virtually nothing to secure their finances. If she truly was behaving as a wife should in a mutually respectful relationship, this thread would have never been created.

"The folks are going to give the van to my sister even though our need is greater, so I'm going to take the Honda. You have to either get rid of the car you love and buy another that you hate, or get it running reliably with absolutely zero budget."

A woman who knows her place in a marriage knows that it is beside her husband working with him, not in front of him barking demands.

It's only a hair style.

Ya you're probably right.

I always tell a girl; you dont have to like it, but dont give me shit for it.

once upon a time I had a girl I was with for 3 years tell me I had to get rid of my car shit....

challenge+accepted.png

I dont think her ultimatum worked out as well as it did in her head :rofl:

It's always fun when those power games blow up in one's face.

Damn I didnt know this would become such a topic , so much advice in here I may need to take notes lol

If you want a divorce, just let your wife read this thread. :D

She should read this. If she is level headed she will realize that she should back you up.

she tends to have a bit of a temper I don't think she'll get any lolz out of it but I would. I hope I didn't make her come off as a total bitch yet again she is trying to make me get rid of my datto lol.

No good will come of showing her this thread. Are you kidding me? I don't think anybody's mad, but there is alot of banter that would give her even more reason to dislike your Datsun and everything related to it.. including us. Unless you want to sneak around and have to hide in the closet to get on Ratsun, use your noggin' and keep this 'in the garage', so to speak ;)

Sounds like you have a solution: Carne Asada and a buddy to help you get back on the road. Life is good.

Wow, I haven't read this thread since it had only a few replies. This got funny!!! :lol:

But why do you guys put all the blame on boys being raised as sissies?! What about the chicks who have come to adulthood thinking that they've got bigger dicks than the men around them? I won't say that I don't talk mad shit and say shit like I rule the roost in my house with my husband, but I don't believe it for one second..... and can't believe that anyone else would let a relationship continue if one or the other significant other did. In my opinion, parents aren't teaching their kids how marriages and relationships should work these days it seems. As Hardwyre said, it's not about standing in front of the other, but beside them and supporting them.

Tell your wife to get a hobby to do while you tinker with your Datsun..... and to grow the fuck up and tell you why she really wants it gone.

Honestly, I'm sorry to hear that she's trying to force you into selling it. I hope that you and Shagy are able to get it running in tip top shape. If that does happen, I'd be interested to hear her reasoning for you still needing to let it go ;)

• Like 2

Wow, I haven't read this thread since it had only a few replies. This got funny!!! :lol:

But why do you guys put all the blame on boys being raised as sissies?! What about the chicks who have come to adulthood thinking that they've got bigger dicks than the men around them? I won't say that I don't talk mad shit and say shit like I rule the roost in my house with my husband, but I don't believe it for one second..... and can't believe that anyone else would let a relationship continue if one or the other significant other did. In my opinion, parents aren't teaching their kids how marriages and relationships should work these days it seems. As Hardwyre said, it's not about standing in front of the other, but beside them and supporting them.

Tell your wife to get a hobby to do while you tinker with your Datsun..... and to grow the fuck up and tell you why she really wants it gone.

Honestly, I'm sorry to hear that she's trying to force you into selling it. I hope that you and Shagy are able to get it running in tip top shape. If that does happen, I'd be interested to hear her reasoning for you still needing to let it go ;)

This thread has given me several laughs, I kinda wish I re-worded the start of this so I didn't come off as a helpless pansy man lol.