okay..so she wants you to get another car. So I'd assume you can afford another one right? If so, PARK the 510 and fix it on your own time untill it runs.

Whats the diag on the 510? Blown head gasket? Does it just need a intake/exhause gasket? Whats the deal with it? A battery tender will take car of the electrical grimlin for a while.

yea heads blown, she wants me to sell it and buy something else with the money

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some teenage girl without a license gets the van???? W in TF??? Tell the in-laws you are moving in with them because you can't get to work with your car and can't pay the rent. See how fast this shit straightens out.

At the very least store your 510 somewhere away from them (your wife and the in-laws) and commute to work. Take the bus, ride a bike whatever it takes. Hell I bike about 5 miles to work every day.

Were already living with them helping with rent but she's tired of living with them. I divr over 60 miles for my jobs and my morning job requires a car because I pick up mentally handicapped adults

As much as I hate to say it, your wife may be looking at the practical side of things, seeing a money pit with no money saved, vs. a cheapish reliable daily like a Honduh. She may have a point, but I'd say if anything park the 510, find a reliable daily, and then work on the 510 while you have time. We're a cheap bunch of assholes on Ratsun. Lots of us can make a whole car out of $50 worth of weaseled/bargained parts. And it will run. Just depends on your skill level and dedication.

Park the 510. The $ you get for the sale of it wont do SHIT for you towards another car. ITs hard to get back into 510's once you're out.

Why isnt your job suppling you with a car to move the people around?

I refuse to make deals with my wife. Besides her being too smart and devious, this isn't the way to operate inside of a relationship. A relationship needs dialogue and compromise. Sometimes there is give and sometimes there is take but it should average out at the end of the day.... or week.

She gives away a van and you have X amount of time to get the 510 going with zero money? That sounds like a great way for her to rid herself of your Datsun. I assume she is using the van to get to work? What does her sister need a van for? Is it your van? Sell it or rent it to the sister-in-law. You're working 16 hrs a day? Seems YOU need a car worse than anyone else. When the bills are paid there should be something left over to get this running

Quoted for truth.

You know what would make more money being sold than the 510 would? Her wedding ring. Be easier to sell too. She could pick up a nice daily wearer from the gumball machine for $0.25 until a time comes when you both can afford a nicer daily wearer.

Seriously though, scaping the van from you two to give to a snot nosed kid who doesn't even have her license!? WTF.. and.. WHAT THE FUCK?

She needs to be reasonable. Your rig can be reliable if the gremlins get worked out. For about $200 you could have that thing reworked by Team Ratsun in a weekend if there's some folks local to you. I bet if you were able to give people $50 for coming and helping, you'd get a couple chucks out there and she's be ship shape in no time.

I can easily put some cash in a fellow ratsuners pocket if they wanna help me out, can provide pizza and beer also ; ) any takers?

If you were within a 150 mile radius id be eastbound and down to come help you out......I am sure there is someone here that lives closer that could help a brother out!

I'll yank the head...you get it to a machine shop to have it inspeced. But look into a spare head just in case. Do you have tools? Ill see if my mother in law will let me have the car here for a couple days. Get a head set for it.

Fuck man I would just check the compression, Adjust the valves, Set the timing, clean the carb, inspect and replace gaskets, check the drain, and so on...

If the compression is really bad, then I know what is up. Take off the head!