• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the whole story.

1.)The carb is a manual choke weber. The choke is just dangling. It is missing parts on the choke to make it work. That could cause that power problem when you drive if it, the choke woudl just close?

2.) Checked the compression on the l20b. Piston 1,2,3 are at 150psi while #4 is at 90 psi.. I wanted the adjust the valves but the valve cover was silicone on. But that #4 is really low. Don't know if adjusting just #4 is going to bring it back up.

3.) The carb was over jetted. When I removed the plugs, they were dark and oily. That was causing the car to misfire. Lucky I had some plugs in my car and I swapped them out. You know it was bad when you turned the motor over. Gas would shoot out of the spark plug hole. After changing the plugs and adjusted the carb and let the extra fuel burn off. It was idling like a regular l20b with a low compression piston is supposed too.

4.) there was a lot of oil coming from the side of the block. Could be a bad gasket. But the block has to be cleaned and driven to check for leaks. Or a leak down test. But I don't have the tools for that... :(

I think the reason the car had more power before was that is was over jetted. Also maybe the timing is off. But I was told that it was adjusted all ready. With the car not having plates. Its very hard to get the car to run 100%. Adjusting the carb and checking for leaks, well you just have to drive the car and keep adjusting. But from not being able to idle to sorta drive it around the block. That was a big improvement. If someone wants to go at it again. let me know. but that is what I got from it pretty much...

well that sucks.

I have a leak down tester. Might be time to buy new jets.

Pour some MMO in Cylinder 4 and let it sit for a couple days. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be some crap in the rings and it will free it up.

Ok, actually since posting my CL add I've had a few people interested. Its going to b hard to let her go if I do, its depressing just thinking about it lol. Wish I got paid more and worked less so I can fix her up

Not sure who -1 you but +1 to neutral it.. :)

We all wish the same man.. but thats life.. :(

Im stuck on mine and its been 1 year that ive had it.. Drove it once and blew it up...

So all u need is a better carb, valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, and a valve job? That stuff to change out should be less then half a days work. I'll see if i have anything u can use. Don't sell it cause of that, I'll let u know what I find.

Rory,

3207 Peck Road

El Monte, CA 91731-3429

(626) 350-8245

call them. they can rebuild the carb. IF your jets are wrong, you need to figure out which ones you need and buy them. I called the guy and they will drop in the new jets when rebuilding it.

I've never changed out jets (it might be a cake walk).

The VC gasket and spark plugs are easy. Also the Valve adjustment.

Not sure who -1 you but +1 to neutral it.. :)

We all wish the same man.. but thats life.. :(

Im stuck on mine and its been 1 year that ive had it.. Drove it once and blew it up...

Ouch, someone must not be too happy with me. Im still looking around trying to find what I need, I looked on weber for the missing choke linkage but there was nothing there. Probably try and sort out some problems again this weekend

Rory,

3207 Peck Road

El Monte, CA 91731-3429

(626) 350-8245

call them. they can rebuild the carb. IF your jets are wrong, you need to figure out which ones you need and buy them. I called the guy and they will drop in the new jets when rebuilding it.

I've never changed out jets (it might be a cake walk).

The VC gasket and spark plugs are easy. Also the Valve adjustment.

I'll give them a call