• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck, I love ratsun, this kind of effort is why there's so many of us. Never let one die. btw, i'd be there if it wasn't so damn far from me. My talents aside, at least to spin your wifes head around to see what you'd be giving up with your datsun. How many would rally together to save your honduh? Besides, used car prices are high at the moment, a daily driver clonemobile might be more than she thinks.

Lets say you get $500 for the 510. I can't think of a single reliable car that could be had for that much. And honestly, lets say you find a beater Corolla or something. Who the jumping fuck flash is going to mob over to your house on a weekend to have a repair party for some bbq and beer?

Datsuns bring out the best in people; everyone else is just fucking clown shoes.

• Like 1

I agree hardwyre, I honestly don't care about my honduh its just means of transportation. But my dime is more than to me, Its the first car I've bought and I worked my ass off to get it. I appreciate and enjoy driving it and I honestly don't want to let it go, even my little daughter loves the car. I told the wife last night about the ratsun crew coming to lend a hand and she doesn't seemed too thrilled but o well I'm gunna do what I can to try and keep my car

No offense man but you are going to have to stand up to her at some point in this marriage or she is going to completely rule the roost. A marriage is supposed to be 50/50 not 90/10. I am easy going and my wife sometimes tries to take over the household on one of her power struggles and then I put her in her place. The results are usually lots of sex for me since she likes it when I start acting tough.

LOL!!!!

No offense man but you are going to have to stand up to her at some point in this marriage or she is going to completely rule the roost. A marriage is supposed to be 50/50 not 90/10. I am easy going and my wife sometimes tries to take over the household on one of her power struggles and then I put her in her place. The results are usually lots of sex for me since she likes it when I start acting tough.

LOL!!!!

We try to meet in the middle on things, I'm a real laid back easy going guy but I don't stand for being pushed around.

Not sure what the deal is.. it seems like less than a century ago, men ruled the house unquestionably. Now it appears to have teetered the other direction, where they live under the rule of a matriarch. There's a balance between being domineering and submissive, and it seems like our society as a majority hasn't found that balance.

It is wrong that your wife is brow-beating you and manipulating this situation against you and your treasured car. It is ridiculous that SHE is giving YOUR van to HER SISTER(the act in and of itself isn't bad, but given your situation, it seems completely irrational). It is troubling to me that she will soon be driving your daily driver, when you are the one working the crazy schedule that you do, leaving you no choice but to ditch your car and get something else. She needs to come right out and say that she doesn't like your car and wants it gone, to which the proper response would be in short, "Deal with it." I'm all for compromise, communication and working things out for the benefit of both parties, but this bullying and controlling has got to end.

Search the situation out. I'm sure there is more to it than we here on the forum know about. If she's jealous of the car because of the time you spend on it or related activities(forum, meets, etc..), then that's on you and you need to take care of business and deal with that. There's often a cause for things like this, but you have to diagnose the issue before the symptom can effectively be dealt with. However, if she just flat out doesn't like your car because it's "ugly", that's pretty weak. As important as the car is to you, if she doesn't have a damn good reason for wanting it to leave, I would tell her "tough totems", and that it stays. Period.

I hear yah micro, the vans not ours it my in-laws she just uses it. The honduh was our wedding gift, she's never really liked the car or the idea of me buying it but when I set my eye on something I want I get it. She's really set on saving to move from our in-laws so funds for the car or anything really is kinda out of the question right now. Her wanting to move so badly kinda changed everything. There's other issues but I don't want to get to into it you know

When we do "project save a dime" I'll bring my wife. Our wifes can sit back and talk about how ugly they think the cars are and I'll voice the opinion that we dont care cause she's not the one thats going to be driving it.....

but getting the dime running properly would be a better investment I feel.

I might be free this weekend, I think a show I was vending @ is canceled so I should be free.

• Like 1

I would love to get Jen's opinion on all of this. My friend Diana is a car nut; her sister is the exact opposite. I was talking to the sister's husband Brad. They were having some financial difficulties and Sis was all about him selling his completely restored 1965 Corvette that he'd gotten as a complete piece of shit while in high school.

When he said no, she started the whole "Withhold sex until I get my way" bullshit. Diana ended up just about kicking the shit out of her not only for even thinking of making him get rid of the car, but also disrespecting him.

Then Di threatened to sell a bunch of Sis's expensive jewelry causing her to freak out and shriek the most ironic statement of the whole argument, "How would you possibly dare to think I would sell my jewelry!?!"

I think it was nailed on the head; some people are so threatened by their significant other's passions that they'll go to unreasonable lengths to get rid of the tangible materialization of that passion.

As for men becoming on questionable rules of their house; you can thank American media and the feminist movement working together for that. Fewer and fewer males have any idea what being a man means, so you get a whole lot of boys thinking they're men when in actuality they're just behaving like assholes. Because of said assholes not taking responsibility for their children, you have more and more boys growing up with little to none influence by good male role models. So if the mother doesn't make the conscious effort to raise a boy with male values, the result can be either effeminate males or diluted assholes.

Really, a picture is worth a whole lot of words:

tumblr_lh6c0dI2qn1qbmgeto1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Hardwyre, you speak only the truth. My ex coerced and brow beat me into selling my hardbody, my fully restored viper blue 521, my 71 510 i got from the original owner, under the pretense of financial burden. She acted in the same exact way the gal in your story did. I wish I had someone around to knock sense into me then, because I pussed out and let her control my passion. Never again, bitches.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Im sure glad my wife is into the datto thing like I am..

We go to events together etc.

The last wife well thats another story :lol:

Reason she is the ex wife :P

As for men becoming on questionable rules of their house; you can thank American media and the feminist movement working together for that. Fewer and fewer males have any idea what being a man means, so you get a whole lot of boys thinking they're men when in actuality they're just behaving like assholes. Because of said assholes not taking responsibility for their children, you have more and more boys growing up with little to none influence by good male role models. So if the mother doesn't make the conscious effort to raise a boy with male values, the result can be either effeminate males or diluted assholes.

Funny.

But if there are fewer good role models for boys it's likely because the father isn't around, divorce or separation whatever. If there is a step dad HE is likely the asshole! And what is it to be a male anyway?? To grow up with media and society crammed full of violence and calling women bitches and ho's? No accountability for your actions? Or to watch your mom and dad interact and deal with problems and solve them with some good old give and take? If you (generally speaking) can't solve problems and work them out with your wife, at least on a regular basis, then I would say you didn't do your homework before getting married.

Really, a picture is worth a whole lot of words:

tumblr_lh6c0dI2qn1qbmgeto1_500.jpg

It's only a hair style.

conan.jpg

Dont be a fucking nancy pants. Say no, im not getting rid of it. Who cares what kind of stink they make?

My wife left me once due to my cars, and a couple other issues, but mainly the cars. I moved out, shared a room in a house full of women. Got a new gf, got some new cars... Was happy as could be. 3 months later when she saw how good i was doing she wanted to work it out. Were married now, and i do what i want with my cars. I dont care who says or thinks what. They have no reason to not like what i do. Really, it has nothing to do with them. Those ass hats have nothing better to do than bitch because i sold a car and got another one? For fucks sake, get a life. /rant

How old are you bro? Bout time to hit puberty, drop yo nuts, and tell them how it is... (them being your wife, inlaws, or whomever.)

This is fine if you are single. Marriage life is different and isn't all your way.... or her's either. If it is all your way or the highway then I guess that's what you want in a woman.

If your cars are a financial burden on your family then I say you are going to have to decide what's the higher priority. For the most part there's no harm in having a hobby. If she doesn't like it too bad.