Auto parts people need to vent, do it here.

If I get another stupid person I'm going to beat them senseless with my phone, then strangle them with the cord. Jeezus fucking christ, why are some many stupid people allowed to breed!?!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got interrupted by a plethora of stupid fucks with random trailer bearings, oddball Chinese scooter parts, and the phone calls asking if we have something, how to fix it, and then, oh, okay, I'll be in next week for that!

FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK!!!! And I'm getting ready for more tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the "what do you mean you don't have a head gasket for my 70 horse Evinrude motor? Where am I going to get on, I have to be out on the lake for the fourth!" Fucking waaaaaaaaa!

Get in the Zone!

(Ghetto zone!)

Is this where we tell everyone how we really feel?

YES! cause i come on here to be entertained on a holiday weekend

now entertain me damn it!

( nohomo )

Same here. The only place near me that has counter guys that have a clue are at NAPA. There is a guy at the Autozone who is very good, which means he won't be there much longer. dry.gif

Mark

Napa is my store of choice here, but avanced anto parts is the only place open on saterdays and sundays and there open tell 9 p.m. (usualy worth it to wate tell monday to go to napa if you can)

I feel ya Matt, my wife has been dealing with the same thing, lol. (some of the stories are priceless, lol)

"I need a siphon."

Right there.

"Oh, that's kinda cheap. I got a black one a few years ago."

Okay, here's the nice marine version.

"Wow, $23 bucks, gosh, I have to think about that."

Okay.

"How about wipers for a '99 Suburban?"

Couple of 22 inchers, have them for $9.99 each.

"Oh gosh, okay nevermind."

Wants quality, but wants it for free.

Doesn't matter what parts shop you're in, this time sucks. The last few customers haven't been too bad though.

Haha you're not paying me shop rate to fix you're car. Figure it out. Dumbass. I sell parts. That's why I love working at a jobber warehouse. Shops call know what they want done!. Sure enough I can tell you but I don't get paid for that

guess i'll insert a datsun related story here...

Yesterday I was putting some brakes up on the shelf when I heard some guy ask for a "Datsun book."

I walk out from the back disobeying my boss's orders to "get that fucking cage empty from truck" to poke in and insert my knowledge.

We had a guy temping from another store who was helping. I walk up and the guys looking for a Haynes book for his 1994 Datsun 720. dry.gif I was like wtf... I asked him if it was outside, because I figured he meant 1984. Well, he pointed outside to a frontier. I facepalmed and retreated to the back defeated by the ignorance..

• Like 2

use my line. this turns people sideways sometimes :lol:

"lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

I use the exact same, but it's a little more biting,

"Piss poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" ;)

Seriously though, it's funny how simple it is to satisfy a good customer with knowledge. I have a customer with a mid 80's 720 with a Z24. He came in one day to get plugs, wires, and dizzy cap/rotor. He was anally surprised that I could tell him so much about the motor. Then I pointed out I was a Datsun guy and he wasn't surprised.

He's been chasing a misfire for months and hasn't had much time to work on it;. Replaced and cleaned most components on the engine except the ignition coil. I went out to his truck with my Wells book and multi-meter and checked the primary and secondary resistance on the coil to find that it was his problem. We went inside and he bought a new one, and we swapped it in the parking lot cool.gif

• Like 1

Seriously though, it's funny how simple it is to satisfy a good customer with knowledge. I have a customer with a mid 80's 720 with a Z24. He came in one day to get plugs, wires, and dizzy cap/rotor. He was anally surprised that I could tell him so much about the motor. Then I pointed out I was a Datsun guy and he wasn't surprised.

He's been chasing a misfire for months and hasn't had much time to work on it;. Replaced and cleaned most components on the engine except the ignition coil. I went out to his truck with my Wells book and multi-meter and checked the primary and secondary resistance on the coil to find that it was his problem. We went inside and he bought a new one, and we swapped it in the parking lot cool.gif

Now that is customer service.

When was doing pizza delivery I used to get all sorts of help from the parts counter people cause if my car broke down thier pizza was late and cold, they made sure it ran perfect along with this girl at the Mr. Lube

im usualy wonting to strangle the guy working at the parts store.

Same. Ive been sent the wrong pads for my nx2000 brake calipers 3 times now. Sent a scratched up header...Ive been wanting to strangle the idiot on the otherside of the counter who cant seem to tell the difference between nx2000 us and japan spec brakes. And then tells me theirs a difference in size between abs and non abs when there is not.

But i do see so many idiots at the parts store that leaves you wondering wtf, they shoudl take their car to a mechanic.