My New Project!!

Just went to go look at me next build, I was going to get another 1968 520 and keep it all stock,but saw this a 1971 Honda N600.

N600-1.jpg

N600-9.jpg

N600-6.jpg

N600-5.jpg

N600-7.jpg

N600-8.jpg

My plans are to just keep it stock for now and just fix it up abit. Engine is a .6 liter 2cylinder motorcycle engine that runs and drives,just needs some minor thinks,like brake master carpet and afew other misc things. It should be home after the 4th. While I was there the guy has afew Datsuns to. He has a L320 and a 521. When I drove there I took my 520 and we were talking about Datsun's for about an hour and a half. He has afew other cars mostly Fiat's but he is into the Datsuns too. I just took a pic of his L320 that was in the first garage.

L320.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you +8. My dad had a couple of those when I was a kid. One ended up in the Honda dealership showroom in Eugene. Might still be there for all I know. They are sooooo slow to accelerate but they will bark the front tire if you get it just right :cool: . The dash mounted shifters are so sloppy that they can probably be considered an anti-theft device. They were fun cars and we drove them everywhere. Glad to see another one get preserved.

Ya I know its a Honda but I always liked those little cars even being 6ft there fun. I thought about a 510 again or even a 1200 but when I found this I know it would be mine. I won't put to much of the build here just bits but I will be bad ass a clean. I plan to DD it so I can get my truck dialed in and painted,then I'll start the Honda. Drove it to wash it today runs good,forgot it was in gear and spun the front tires! Oops.

-7 rep for a Honda build on ratsun. Don't care what year it is. It's a Honda.

wow man... baggin on a honda in the non datsun section...

you can leave.. kthxbye

this car is fucking cool as hell! for being a 2 banger does it still keep up with traffic?

Not a Honduh lover, but those things are a kick. IIRC, they get 40-50mgp. Story time....

When I was stationed at Mare Island (near Vallejo, CA) in '71, a friend let me and another guy use his N600 for a couple weeks while he was on leave. We drove the piss out of that car....through every mud hole we could find on base, and a dirt area off. The only clean spot was where the wipers had cleaned.

We drove it that way to a wedding. The groom (another buddy w/ an old Norton Atlas 650) was amused. The bride...not so much..... :lol:

We did wash the car before the owner returned.

I love it! what's that color called? Mustard? With you behind the project, i would figure it ending up with 4-5 times the power it had from the factory. Modern vtec motor, or bigger motorcyle engine. But keeping it stock would be the way i would go also. Very cool