510 Resu-WRECK-tion

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this thread, it just goes to show, you gotta hold onto certain things. Other people just don't respect what they have and the amount of work that went into making it nice. Great save, every time you've gotten it. lol... NOW KEEP IT!!! My daily 510 is staying with me till it's absolute scrap metal, then it'll live on as parts for my other three 510s. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Major thumbs up for saving this car multiple times. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Was all that damage from some sort of street drift attempt?

Also what movie was your car in?

1. No street drifting. Just lost control and he didn't know what to do to recover. I'll be taking him to some track days with his new 610.

2. "Mao's Last Dancer", available on DVD as of last month.

Where's Your Older Thread On This Car? :P

Which one? :P

Bent the shit out of the rims.... and the tire still didn't fall off... wonder what my problem is :rofl:

One wheel survived, one wheel is fixable, two wheels are trashed. :(

Oddly enough, I think all 4 tires survived unscathed. :)

The good one will go on the garage wall. The rest will be scrapped. I do have a buddy with an S13 who has simar wheels with missing caps, so there is one silver lining to this cloud. :)

FYI, to those that don't know, this car is a '71. ;)

These aren't '69 fenders, or '69 side markers. I welded up the stock '71 side marker light holes and cut new holes for JDM side markers (longer than USDM '68-69 side markers). :cool:

All the emblems/trim/lights are proper for a '71 Bluebird Deluxe. Of course, minus the license plate lights (should be in the bumper ala USDM '68), which I'll be shaving for the next repaint.

• 1 year later...

Update:

Found a little more damage up front, will be replacing the sway bar (as alluded to earlier), the front crossmember (motor mount stand-up is bent), and the right side motor mount (rubber broken). There's a dent in the rear crossmember, but I don't think it needs to be changed (looks like the dent is from the bent control arm hitting it). Got a spare that I'll probably do up as a "penultimate" before swapping it in. Need to replace the brakes and wheel studs in the new control arm, luckily all the brake parts were new recently so I'll swap them over from the bent control arm. I was able to get it on a buddy's frame machine and it all looks to still be within spec. Might need to go camber plates in the front to get it dialed back in perfectly. In his words, "Japanese cars this old aren't perfectly square even before they're wrecked, so don't worry too much about it". :D

Going to pick up two more doors next weekend. Once I get those bolted up I can pull the quarter panel out a bit to get it all back in line. Luckily, the quarter panel isn't as bad as I initially thought. :thumbup:

Picked up another set of wheels for it. They are 16x7 and 16x8 RAYS Gram Lights 57C. I used to have them on my old S13, but sold them to a buddy when I sold the S13. He never used them, so I bought them back today. They are the same size and offset as the Volks that were destroyed, so I can probably take the tires off the dead Volks and put them on the Gram Lights and we should be in business. :thumbup:

crap_0032.JPG