510 Resu-WRECK-tion

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics/update from today...

Haven't really had the time or inclination to work on the car, so my friend Jon has been popping by after work to help me with it. Replaced the driver's side rear LCA and rear brakes, Bolted the intake/carb back up, replaced the front bumper with a good used one, pulled out the right front fender (a LOT), popped out the dent in the front door, installed some hood pins, gave it an alignment, oil change, and a much needed bath.

creep_004.JPG

From the "pretty side"...

creep_003.JPG

creep_002.JPG

Jon has been very helpful with it so I offered him the first test drive and we got it roadworthy. He came back grinning from ear to ear and started asking me "where can I get a 510 for myself?!?". So I asked him his budget to buy one. It wasn't enough. Not nearly enough. So I sold him this one. :bye:

I miss it already, but hopefully this is the kick in the ass I need to get my 1200 finished. :wub:

Lols. I dont think Visors work at all. I install a crap ton of them at work. I never have liked them. And I have never really had an issue with rain in the car. Fender mirrors dont work better (if anything worse as many dont know how to install them correctly) and that is a safety issue, and IMO they look terrible.

But then again, I like 510s because they are just so "sedate" looking.

visors ....smokers cherry protector.....no one likes to ash there cig and get a rain drop in the eye....get some marlb lights ...you will understand

FYI, snapped those pics today as Jon drove it to work for the first time, and I stopped by on my lunch break. Much jelly from his coworkers. B)

now thats a friend taking one in the wallet to datsun a friend up.....

u remember what happened last time u sold it ?

I like that your bro is already posing up double parked to fend off mini van doors....smart man...

now thats a friend taking one in the wallet to datsun a friend up.....

No doubt. Totally worth it though. He is so unbelievably happy right now. :wub:

u remember what happened last time u sold it ?

Last two times I sold it actually... :frantics:

I like that your bro is already posing up double parked to fend off mini van doors....smart man...

Out of the 3 buyers this car has had, I certainly trust him the most. He's a good wrencher and a very good driver. It's gone to a very good home.

Here's a pic I took of his last project car...

teaser.jpg