Official Canby 2011 picture thread

I wouldn't presume to know how vets would react to seeing a Japanese flag. Hell, every year they see Japan taking over the US economically where they failed militarily. They make the best cars and electronics and should be used to them by now. Even Nissan dropped the Datsun name way back almost 30 years ago now.

The only person who would even have the remotest right to place that in your car would be a WW II vet, and there are fewer and fewer every year. This was most likely done by a cowardly troll with a grandfather who was a vet. Why he would feel this way can only be presumed. Teaching your kids to hate a flag, weather intentional or not, is a form of bigotry.

Comparing the rising sun to a swastika is ludicrous.

The swastika is still used as a religious emblem in some areas as it is actually a cross though there may have been a revision and have it bent the other way

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Campfire shoes

And for gods sake Ted i hope you washed that cell phone

:rofl: Dguy210 found his light the next morning and was wiping it off with a rag. I'm not sure that the rag was nearly enough by the rancid smell of those slippers that I stuffed back in Pumpkin's tent :sick: That shit was FOWL!!

If your going to give that to me, at least have the balls to hand it to me and not just throw it on my seat

Some punkass has no clue what he's talking about. Shit, he printed that off of Wikipedia (the most "trusted" source of "information" on the intertoobs!). Probably some pansy ass Honda-jockstrap who's just ignorant AND jealous.

I wouldn't presume to know how vets would react to seeing a Japanese flag. Hell, every year they see Japan taking over the US economically where they failed militarily. They make the best cars and electronics and should be used to them by now. Even Nissan dropped the Datsun name way back almost 30 years ago now.

The only person who would even have the remotest right to place that in your car would be a WW II vet, and there are fewer and fewer every year. This was most likely done by a cowardly troll with a grandfather who was a vet. Why he would feel this way can only be presumed. Teaching your kids to hate a flag, weather intentional or not, is a form of bigotry.

Comparing the rising sun to a swastika is ludicrous.

I worked at the VA for 4 years and I've yet to meet a WWII vet who still held angst against the Japanese. That troll fails to understand that the vast majority of people who served in the Military eventually let go of their anger. The ones who don't tend to die early. WWII was also considered one of the last "Gentlemen's Wars" where being an honorable man meant something. It was violent, gruesome, bloody, and otherwise hell, but it was also one of the last wars where enemy soldiers gave eachother basic adversarial respect. When the Bismarck sunk the Hood and left the Prince of Wales as a smoldering wreck, instead of sinking the Prince of Wales entirely, all of the Bismarck's crew ran to the deck and gave a stoic, American-style salute to their opponents instead of the German heil.

Later the British captain of the King George V actually silenced the cheers and celebration of his crew, opting to demonstrate a more honorable display by saluting the defeated Bismarck as she sank.

The rising sun was never a symbol of hate. Someone should go and edit that wiki article and pull out that ridiculous claim.

did anyone else get this?

IMG.jpg

I wouldn't be bothered by this. One of the first things I noticed was the date printed on the lower-right corner of the page. It appears that someone printed it off on this date. The current revision of the wikipedia page does not include these opinionated comments.

So I went back on the historical changes of the "Flag of Japan" on wikipedia. Surprise, surprise. On the exact same day that appears on the print out, somebody went onto that page and edited it. That underlined section was simply added in, and then quickly printed off. Somebody thinks this perhaps makes it a relevant reference. Fail.

edit-hist.jpg

user-history.jpg

So there is the IP address of the mysterious user. Probably useless now. However that IP address goes back to the following:

Name:TELUS Communications Inc.

Handle: TACE

Street: 7 - 3777 Kingsway

City: Burnaby

State/Province: BC

Postal Code: V5H-3Z7

• Like 1

I wouldn't be bothered by this. One of the first things I noticed was the date printed on the lower-right corner of the page. It appears that someone printed it off on this date. The current revision of the wikipedia page does not include these opinionated comments.

So I went back on the historical changes of the "Flag of Japan" on wikipedia. Surprise, surprise. On the exact same day that appears on the print out, somebody went onto that page and edited it. That underlined section was simply added in, and then quickly printed off. Somebody thinks this perhaps makes it a relevant reference. Fail.

edit-hist.jpg

user-history.jpg

So there is the IP address of the mysterious user. Probably useless now. However that IP address goes back to the following:

Holy Research Batman! !

I'm now afraid to use the internet......thanks.

:P

edit-hist.jpg

user-history.jpg

Im guessing ur a Computer Guy.. lol.. Amazes me how smart some people are with computers.. no joke some people can find anything on the internet..

Holy Research Batman! !

I'm now afraid to use the internet......thanks.

:P

Im guessing ur a Computer Guy.. lol.. Amazes me how smart some people are with computers.. no joke some people can find anything on the internet..

Brodster and I were admins on a forum for a retail place that we worked for. We would fuck with dickheads all the time with the small bits of information that we were able to gather from info they'd leave behind. It's fun and entertaining to be crafty and make people squirm when they realize that the internet doesn't generally allow you to be untraceable. :lol:

I am not all that great on a computer. But Datwifey and I spent a few years on a snowboard forum. They would come on and start shit and we would just find tidbits of info. EVeryone leaves crumbs all over on the internet. Most people are sloppy. Usually we could find an email address and then plug it into facebook and it would show us the persons name and everything. I never do anything illegal to get info. Hell, I can't even hack. Just good at searching down people who aren't good on the internet.biggrin.gif

we have been ready for hours!!! Loving going through all the memories........my only fail was not getting a pic of skib waving ratsun style. Although watching the new hood take shape on his truck was almost like watching the fighting decals being put on a supra in fast and the furious...........Lollz 1238023133393.jpg

Brody got a video clip of Skib giving the Ratsun salute. I came across it when trying to find the kid picking up the ass pennies and lol'ed.

BTW where is the Vid on the kid and the pennies.. still curious on the famous Quote...