Official Canby 2011 picture thread

I know, right! I hope these guys are keeping the original high resolution versions (not the photobucket ones) of these! I may need a new desktop background!

makes me want to work harder on my photography lol. though also i saw a ton of better cameras than mine. mine was considered outdated when i got it lol, just like all electronics lol

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few stills from the GoPro while fucking around with Pumpkin and 79D50 heading out of Tacoma.

Punkin-1.jpg

1-8.jpg

3-5.jpg

2-6.jpg

And one of the stills from the timelapse of the peanut gallery / armchair mechanics during Chester and Wildman's clutch swap :lol:

PeanutGallery.jpg

Want to know who owns this.

He's almost right down the road from me here.

The owners name is Neil. I talked to him and his brother for about an hour. My goal this year was to learn as much as I could about the VG swap. I have a few shot of this VERY SWEET wagon.

Body work was very nice. Wish I would have gotten a couple interior shots. It had a fully custom tranny hump to accommodate the VG with the lowered stance and his 4 link, Carbon fiber door panels and some killer looking seats.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

Nice aluminum fuel tank with the battery mounted beside it on the drivers side. Lots of room without the leaves in the way. From the inside you couldn't even tell. It had a well built door for battery access and the stock door for the fuel sending unit.

IMAG0029.jpg

Fully welded on 4 link mounts

IMAG0031.jpg

Loves the spot he chose for the fuel pump too. And the exhaust was breath taking. ALL tig welded stainless. It had to be at least

2 3/4 or 3" single pipe.

IMAG0032.jpg

Ceramic coated headers by Experimental Engineering

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

The owners name is Neil. I talked to him and his brother for about an hour. My goal this year was to learn as much as I could about the VG swap. I have a few shot of this VERY SWEET wagon.

Body work was very nice. Wish I would have gotten a couple interior shots. It had a fully custom tranny hump to accommodate the VG with the lowered stance and his 4 link, Carbon fiber door panels and some killer looking seats.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

Nice aluminum fuel tank with the battery mounted beside it on the drivers side. Lots of room without the leaves in the way. From the inside you couldn't even tell. It had a well built door for battery access and the stock door for the fuel sending unit.

IMAG0029.jpg

Fully welded on 4 link mounts

IMAG0031.jpg

Loves the spot he chose for the fuel pump too. And the exhaust was breath taking. ALL tig welded stainless. It had to be at least

2 3/4 or 3" single pipe.

IMAG0032.jpg

Ceramic coated headers by Experimental Engineering

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Dang taht swap is CLEAN!!!

So what happened to ur motor? why did u have to replace it? who had an extra one just hanging around?

Right about eugene I blew out my already bad rings. Started pukin oil out the crank case vents from all the blow by. The motor I found had a blown head gasket and was being sold by a vender. Picked it up, went to oregon city to getgaskets, swapped in the new block with my original head, swapped over timing companants, located a bunch of needed replacment parts (oil pump, plug wires, front and rear main, timing gaskets) had the motor swapped from start to finish in prolly 22 hours. Prolly only like 8 hours of solid working though. Hadsome good times and. Made some friends. Even got a award for the truck ;)

• Like 4

Right about eugene I blew out my already bad rings. Started pukin oil out the crank case vents from all the blow by. The motor I found had a blown head gasket and was being sold by a vender. Picked it up, went to oregon city to getgaskets, swapped in the new block with my original head, swapped over timing companants, located a bunch of needed replacment parts (oil pump, plug wires, front and rear main, timing gaskets) had the motor swapped from start to finish in prolly 22 hours. Prolly only like 8 hours of solid working though. Hadsome good times and. Made some friends. Even got a award for the truck ;)

Haha.. AWESOME!!! well im glad u got back on the road and u got the parts to fix it.. no fun being stranded..

thanks for all the great pics everyone!!!! I don't typically take any or get enough time to wander around and check them all out. Always great to meet new people. Bleach, Ice, Redeye....never seem to get to chat with you guys enough...but always great getting to see you!!! :)