Straight outta Nippon......here's Roxy!!!

I'm the proud new owner of Roxy! THANK YOU RICH!!!!!!!!!! The weekend before last I picked her up. Such a cool truck. I've always wanted one. When Rich was talking about selling the truck I couldn't believe I had a chance at owning one, and to now actually own it is just insane! So far all I have done is lower it, later it will go a bit lower but I want to do it right and upgrade to disk brakes in the front during the next lowering project. So for now I'm just searching for parts. I also need to put some better rear end gears in. The motor is just singing on the freeway, which is painful. I'm a fast lane kinda guy, this whole slow lane BS is killing me :) Anyways I will update this tread as much as I can. Here are a few pictures.

photo.JPG

Roxy1200A.JPG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...

Welp about 70k miles later I'm still loving my truck.  Seeing the first pics make me realize how much the earth is trying to take it back!  Anyways.  Been driving with about 1" of suspension travel for the last 11 years.  So since I had it up in the air to install even better gears.  I pulled the OG 4.11 out and put 3.7/3.9 in can't remember which I just know I wanted 3.3 or 3.5 which I finally found a 3.5!  If anyone runs across 3.3 for the H165 let me know!   I also got a 5 speed but that's later.  Also 3D printed a cool stereo holder.  Really I've just driven it the since I bought it.  Not much work.  on it's 3rd set of tires and second head gasket.  Great little truck.  

It's on the fair weather lift!!  

P7ALUU7.jpeg

old bump stops

2uyPoc1.jpeg

Standard Datsun unibody.  Multi layers and rusty.  Such a bitch to weld.  Other side went better but I didn't take a photo.  

OHLifJM.jpeg

Added some angle for added strength.  Yeah I raised the exhaust.  Also no photo.  

MuhViYZ.jpeg

New brake lines.  Old guys decided to crack on the way out....  

wcd4dwy.jpeg

This is how low it sits.  Yeah I know it looks good.  

PmMZ7oN.jpeg

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

If you ever decide to sell that little guy, hit me up. I'd like another Datsun, but not an ordinary one.

My daughter says when I die it's hers.  So you will need to bug her when that time comes.  

• Like 1

C notch was a success!!!  Rides so amazing.  Should have doe that the first week I bought it.  I also did air shocks but plumbed in a pump.  I used it to haul a Honda Helux for my motorcycle test (my Husaburg I converted to street legal broke down).  Also 3D printed a radio holder so I would have to cut my dash.  Tunes sure are nice.  Datwifey had this retro looking 30 dollar amazon radio in her roadster and it seemed to work good so I bought one.  

2l8nDAm.jpeg

I wanted to incorporate the pressure gauge you can see hanging down into my radio holder along with a water temp gauge.  But feature creep is a real thing and I didn't want to print a million versions to get it right.  So later I will print a pod for them.  

sl58w6R.jpeg

• Like 3