Straight outta Nippon......here's Roxy!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I don't know what happened to the engine pics, guess I deleted them somehow....I will take more tomorrow. It's a stock 1200cc, not much power. I have an SR20DE for it, but not sure if I will swap it or not...still have yet to decide.

Do it. :cool:

My buddies' truck with an SR20DET...

normal_IMG00930.jpg

normal_IMG00933.jpg

nothing to ship it, military.....but I did check commercial shipping and was quoted about $3000.00 with about a 10 or 12 day transit.

....man your friends truck is nice!! I hope mine looks about half that good!! I knew I should have brought back a DET.......I thought it would be overkill, plus didn't want to deal with fitting an intercooler and all that ducting....

goichi, that is so awesome. I've followed your thread on the realm, I adore the details and craftsmanship in your coupe. I am sure we can expect no less from this beauty.

Which carrier did you ask about for shipping a car overseas? Because I've been thinking of buying a car at auction there (got a friend in Japan who buys cars at auctions) and bringing her back.

Another B120 has landed on US soil! I think that makes you #8 on the list now (i'm #7). I really need to get started on my ute. If it looked half as good as yours i'd be happy.

By the way, glad to see you and your family made it back to the US safe. When the earthquake/tsunami hit the first thing I though about was you and your bluebird.

Thanks!! I appreciate you following my thread! that was a really fun build, it was my first major build of a car, I learned so much from that, so maybe this one will be a little easier. I am still trying to figure out how much I will do to it, but I do love the reliability and power from the SR series engine, just being able to jump in it and go is cool to me, I don't really like carbed engines either. I am just not experienced enough to keep them tuned. I know it will be a ton of work, but I enjoy doing this stuff so it will be fun if I decide to go for it!! I just can't wait to get started one way or the other!! I'll be in Canby with the coupe, so please come up and say hello, I have met so many people from the Realm in person from all over the world. It makes it more fun to have met the people that help you on line...

Thanks @Super X, yes, we were ok there in Japan, just glad to be back and out of there....we will miss Japan but I am sure we will visit as my wife's family is there.

....man your friends truck is nice!! I hope mine looks about half that good!! I knew I should have brought back a DET.......I thought it would be overkill, plus didn't want to deal with fitting an intercooler and all that ducting....

Oh, it is overkill... :P

To be able to run a big (Blitz S13 FMIC) intercooler, he had to move the engine back about 4" and he notched the firewall by about 3". It has full length frame rails, a narrowed limited slip 3.70 Ford Explorer 8.8 rear axle (heim-jointed 4-link with a panhard rod). His is total overkill, putting down 427hp at the wheels. :blink:

FWIW, a CA18DET is cheaper, and a much easier fit. Plus it's lighter weight. :cool:

CA's are a great fit for a 1200. :thumbup:

1200-ute-ebay.jpg

holy shit that looks nice! I have even thought about a KA-turbo'd, they have good torque numbers.....just not sure yet....I have time to think about it, this is going to be a real budget type build, not meaning I will patch it up, it will be safe and reliable, I really plan to daily this thing once I get it done....

holy shit that looks nice! I have even thought about a KA-turbo'd, they have good torque numbers.....just not sure yet....I have time to think about it, this is going to be a real budget type build, not meaning I will patch it up, it will be safe and reliable, I really plan to daily this thing once I get it done....

Hey Rich,

I reckon a stroked NA SR20 would be cool. Keep the engine bay clean, sound wicked, still enough power for such a light car and you'd hopefully keep your costs down too.

SH

Hi Rich, it was good to meet you at Canby.

I am just not experienced enough to keep [carburetors] tuned.

No worries, my twin mikunis were tuned prior to 2007 when I bought it, and I haven't touched them since. It drove sweetly to Canby and back.

SuperX, when we gonna see a picture of your 1200 Pickup? OIC.

Yes! it was nice meeting you too! sorry I didn't get back over there to chat more, got a little busy with my family!! that's a very nice truck you have though....I didn't even get any pics. :( I would still like to find a service manual though!! guess I better get to looking!

511 you are #9

1. Arizona B120, last sighted 2002:

2857.jpg

2. Jose Santos' South American Sunny Truck (now in California, last sighted 2007)

th_Jose_Sunny_Truck.jpg

3. Steve's RHD-ute converted to LHD

thumb_Picture_024~1.jpg

4. Marcos' Sunny Truck, The SR20 Store in Gardena, California

5. David's Sunny Truck in Seattle, WA

14358.jpg

6. Alex's South American Datsun 1200 pickup, Last sighted 2009, Montebello, CA

18573.jpg

7. SuperX's 1200 pickup

8. Blue 1200 pickup, Los Angeles

20403.jpg

9. goichi1's Datsun 1200 pickup