Straight outta Nippon......here's Roxy!!!

Hello all, I've decided to start a Project build on my self imported 1973 Datsun Sunny pick up that I drug back from Japan after just completing a tour of duty over there. First a little about me for those who don't know me: I have been around the Realm for a while, built a Bluebird Coupe and tinkered on a few other cars in my life. You can check out the coupe thread over on the Realm if you like, it was a blast to build and now fun to enjoy, but it's time to start a new project.

I wanted a Hakosuka, but that didn't work out, so I found this little gem that I now call Roxy. She is pretty much stock, just put a very used and abused set of wats on it just before shipping it, patched up the muffler and changed a few brake cylinders and that was about it. Braved the roads of Japan and drove it to the shipping yard and then off it went. Waited a few weeks and asked Jeff if he would help a brother out and he did, I met him and Dave and headed out to pick up the Coupe and Roxy, all went pretty well with only a few stops for a clogged fuel line.....

made it up to Whidbey Island and Jeff had the privilege or driving little Roxy the entire 2.5 hour trip!!

Ok, so here we go, it's going to be a moderate restore, nothing over the top and I am still debating a motor swap because it runs so nice. I have collected a few parts for the resto, there is not much rust and everything is there, so it could turn out great. There is a lot of body work to be done on the left rear, but it's not that bad.

....as with any of my projects, all input or advice is appreciated, don't get bent if I don't listen, sometimes I tend to unintentionally ignore folks..... getting old I guess!! IMG_0471.jpgIMG_0473.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me likey! Cant wait to see what you do with this!

And we are cool! just are one demand is pics! Without pics we cant figure out if you are a noob or not.

...yea, I had to figure out how to work this site, forgot you need to host the pics first, took me a minute, I think I got it now!!

...I can tell you want I am NOT going to do to this one.....that's spend over $30,000!!! lol!!...trying for the "budget" build this time!!

Thanks! I wish I could get it to Canby, but I think we were damn lucky to get it home the other day, it runs fine, just needs to be gone through good, needs all rubber hoses replaced, probably needs bearing repacked, all the usually stuff when a car sits for a long long time. I think it sat for about 12 or 15 years before I got it, maybe longer, it only has about 60,000 km's on it.. The throw-out bearing squeals too....lots of work ahead!!

Thanks, I don't know what happened to the engine pics, guess I deleted them somehow....I will take more tomorrow. It's a stock 1200cc, not much power. I have an SR20DE for it, but not sure if I will swap it or not...still have yet to decide.

Thanks! it's actually in really good condition, just a little rust bubbling in a few spots, but the inside of the bed is hardly dented at all, looks like nothing was ever back there.....I really can't wait to tear into it, the more I walk by it and think about it, the more I want to start working on it....maybe soon!!