Phils 4door rat!!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all exited it was coilover day in Datsunville. Got the front end off the car. Took the 280zx inserts of the two door struts. The plan was to shorten them. Going to run the 510 struts. Shorten them to run zx inserts, and coilovers. Got some pointers from klotz strut thread. So I do my thing. Then go to weld up the shortened peice. The angle iron jig is nowhere to be found. So I can't weld them up. Atleast not yet. Also going to run modified zx upper strut mounts. Lower the car about half an inch more.

5d08208e.jpg

fd747fa1.jpg

396f8885.jpg

cc7d58f5.jpg

Stealing more parts if the two door. These haven't had a year of use. Moog tierods, ball joints. Poly Lca bushings and dust boots. Ee Delrin idler arm kit, delrin tc rod kit. Dpr steering brace. Bumpsteer spacers.

cb2b98c3.jpg

Added some things that make me happy with the interior. Wood luisi wheel, wood turn signal switch knob. Dash cover. One thing I did notice is tons of rat spunk everywhere. So it was suggested I gut the interior and pressure wash it.

4492efee.jpg

Can't wait to finish up the struts and see how it sits.

Still need an engine for it!!!! Have round top su's to trade

If there has been mice in there you shouldn't be in that car . You can get a verry bad respitory infection. You need to get it and clean it verry well. I would throw a way all the interior and where a face mask when you clean it.

x2... shit aint good at all...

feel like getting the plague?

man up and mask up ollz!

anyways... i want this car... i would be your girlfriend, just so i could take it... and then dump you! bwahahaa

Mouse & rat crap will definately ruin a car & make ya really sick. That's one of the things that did in my goon & helped guide me to gut it & build a race wagon outta it. My Goon was BAD NASTY!!! I'm luvin' ur car so far though. Git er dun!

Yeah TR3 polish the whole car so it inhances what paint is on there and then the polish will help keep more water infecting the other rust( well really cant stop rust ,but beads the water off)

I like this car!!!!!!!

I would just put a streetable muffler(quiet) on there is go n to be a daily.

Your muffler is probably fine just needs to be tucked up more and a better end put on(stainless tip)

are those orange koni strut cartridges by the back door in your 510?Those are the best shock. push down and turn them and should get hard to pull out. adjustable retraction. best for your coil overs if correct height

Hainz they are muholland/interpart. Tried you're suggestion didn't work. They were too long anyways. Wish I could have done mr2.

You can swap plates at the dmv from your blue car to this red one I just swapped mine from my 72 to my 71

I want to but it's an Idaho car so it has to go to the DMV.

About the mice it's no where near the mean green poo machine level of infestation. I'll be sure to wear a respirator.

x2... shit aint good at all... feel like getting the plague? man up and mask up ollz!anyways... i want this car... i would be your girlfriend, just so i could take it... and then dump you! bwahahaa

Hey I'll be on top!

Cool! Which brand of coilovers are you going to use? are they ebay honduh specials? I noticed the metal top hats, most of the cheap stuff is rubber. Oh and x2 on staying away from the rat crap. WEAR A MASK! I got real sick from that stuff. No fun.

They are a set I put together. Been collecting the pieces here and there. never heard of a plastic hat.

Going through the car I'm my spare time. Had a vinyl top. So that means rust on the roof and pillars. But it's not Luke the rest of it is rust free. This thing will become one with the earth once it gets dd in Portland. Since I don't have an engine yet I've decided to focus on the brakes and suspension. Started with the rear. Has had some recent work done like exhaust and gr3 shocks. Took the drums off. No major wear. Wheel cylinders are look moist. Took those out along with the soft lines. Which of course are shot. Luckily Shawn had won wheel cylinders two years in a row at blue lake. So I have those. 40 year old half shaft bolts are hard to remove so that's what's holding me up. Found a set of super chopped springs. So the plan is to do the back first then the front

8a52866f.jpg

4cc8bad9.jpg

c41a86f8.jpg

c9018fdc.jpg

be315076.jpg

b93f246d.jpg

43e49c8d.jpg

298c08dd.jpg

Growing some fresh greens

e52b25ab.jpg

wondered where the pot was growing!

Phil, that car is looking so good. :) You still seem to be missing something under the hood though. :D

What're you talking about? Flux capacitor swap!

damn thought it was icehouses old car for a second

Wish it had Jeffs engine :(

looks so similar! lol

Now I've had two cars with twins . Cool

No shark bite though.

with Celeste driving who knows

Woo hoo! that car is looking rat-tastic! I wanna see this thing driving on the road by this summer and up at Canby, and over at my house in OV when I move back and driving on fun runs and everything else!

woo hoo is right!!! Can't wait to drive this thing home.

Not satisfied with the coilovers :(. Didn't want to weld the collars any lower. Even shortening with zx inserts. Coilovers are all the way down. If I welded them lower I would have much travel. Kinda want to get rid of these and shorten another set for mr2 inserts. I don't think the engine weight will lower anything substantially. Moar lower up front!!!!!