Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys, glad you all like it

i am from melbourne, australia. that cali license plate is something i bought at a car show, maybe i should have put it on the car to confuse the issue even more :lol:

the car is a 1969 model, with FJ20ET engine conversion. to answer some questions;

- the rear blind on the car is what we call a venetian blind, you can buy them brand new on ebay australia, not sure if he delivers to usa, but you can check it out, just go to http://www.ebay.com.au and search for "datsun 1600 venetian". Alot of people use them on old school cars, they look awesome in my opinion

- the front lip is a genuine mk1 rabbit duckbill. when you line it up against the front apron of the datsun, it doesnt look like it will fit, but once you start bolting it up, the lip and the apron sort of "come together" and it all lines up perfect.

- the mirrors are reproductions of the mirrors that came on the australian delivered XY Falcon GT's in the 1970's, they're known as "teardrop" mirrors, and in australia they are a popular mirror to put on old cars like datsuns and rx2/rx3/rx4 rotaries.

the wheels are R31 Skyline silhouette wheels which ive polished/painted

if yow want to read my full build thread, check it out at:

http://datnet.org/Anth-s-1969-Datsun-1600-Fj20et-t1910.html

and while you're at it, check out my blog! :D

http://buildthreads.wordpress.com/

the car is a 1969 model, with FJ20ET engine conversion. to answer some questions;

awesome! I am very jealous. I really wanted an FJ20et but it's so very hard to find one over in the states so I just bought an SR

Just got it back from the paint shop. No more yellow. Pretty happy with how it turned out nice and clean.

Picture104-1.jpg

Picture102.jpg

I've been thinking about having the very bottom of the sides painted black like how you did, but looking at it kind of creates an illusion that the car isn't lowered and sitting really high. i say you remove them!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice 510's in here! My name is Colton and Im from Minnesota. Here is a pic of my dime. Im replacing the 17 inch SE-R wheels with the two piece 280zx wheels below. Im thinking of using a 195-60-14 tire on the ZX wheels (most likely a falken Azenis). Any other recommendations or possibly pics with that wheel and tire size or any other tire size and that wheel?

3309717449_b7d9015609.jpg?v=0

3373089406_8cd999eb57.jpg?v=0

Edited by cjr198car