pic of your dime

Icehouse

New here (been lurking for a while though, lol). There is a lot of great info on here (Thanks everyone!). I've been building, driving, racing 510's since the mid 80's. I've owned more of them that I can count, lol (I have 3 right now). I saw that UFO sticker in a post, WOW I haven't seen on of those in a lot of years, lol.

Here is one of mine. This pic is a few years old. (At the time of this pic it had an L18, 219 head, dual SU's, flat pistons, etc... well you know, old school go fast stuff, lol.)

Right now I'm in the middle of a KA-DE swap in it.

My510.jpg

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/body/hrdp_0707_1962_ford_falcon_budget_paint_job/index.html

I took the idea from here ^ and i added a lot more wet sanding and buffing to the formula and it came out looking as good if not better then the 1500$ job i had done to my 280z.

The key is patience and extreme anal retentiveness.

Heres mine with fresh paint looking all wet and sloppy in the rain.

you just made me not want to buy new rims and just make mine shiny.

here are some pics of my 510, its getting its ka in right now.

web.jpg

and my favorite picture, I stare at it a lot.

web.jpg

I cant wait till she is all done. After the engine is finished Im gonna get coil overs on the front, emrish rear end, and a CF hood. Lots more pics here

http://gallery.me.com/hackeyesup#100082&bgcolor=black&view=grid

the guy doing my swap has been awesome and has taken the majority of these pictures for me. thanks if you read here!

Edited by ichorid
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/body/hrdp_0707_1962_ford_falcon_budget_paint_job/index.html

I took the idea from here ^ and i added a lot more wet sanding and buffing to the formula and it came out looking as good if not better then the 1500$ job i had done to my 280z.

The key is patience and extreme anal retentiveness.

Wow! Looks good. Did you really use a roller?

I swear on the lord baby Jesus i did (all 9.6 lbs of him).

i used a foam "profesional" roller 1 side was a straight edge for cutting and the other was curved.

Oh I see , you went "profesional" with the roller. No wonder it came out so good.

Edited by jefe de jefes