• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just want to hurry up and get the new wheels on... :D

tires_1.jpg

Huh...I talked to John about those wheels. Are you him, or did you buy them off him? Some comments from him about them if you didn't already know (or are him ;)):

>Nice! What offsets are they

+30 front, +33 rear.

>Also, what struts are you running up front?

those look JDM and expensive :eek:

Yes, and yes. And throw in 'insanely rare' for good measure. ;)

Only other set I've seen in the US are on the late Craig Shiraiwa's gold 2dr. But his are 17x7/17x8. Mine are 16x7/16x8.

FYI, Volk GT-Ps are not themselves rare, just the ones with the blue spokes and red liner. Seen a few sets of these with silver spokes, and one set with black spokes.

Craig's car:

galleryarticlesnissan51cn1.jpg

You can just barely see the red liner on his, but trust me it's there.

image15.jpg

Yes, and yes. And throw in 'insanely rare' for good measure. ;)

Only other set I've seen in the US are on the late Craig Shiraiwa's gold 2dr. But his are 17x7/17x8. Mine are 16x7/16x8.

FYI, Volk GT-Ps are not themselves rare, just the ones with the blue spokes and red liner. Seen a few sets of these with silver spokes, and one set with black spokes.

Craig's car:

galleryarticlesnissan51cn1.jpg

You can just barely see the red liner on his, but trust me it's there.

image15.jpg

Yeah.. I knew I had seen them some where before. I'm a wheel guy and I can definately tell when a wheel is rare or obscure.

The wheels i'm running right now are very hard to come across these days. Most people don't even have a full set. I'm running on some Enkei Compe-8's and its amazing how few are left after only 20 years....

Your wheels should look pretty cool on a blue car with the silver lip.

I'm ready to start a photography career like yours so I can afford to do all this cool stuff. :D

That kit uses the ABC Hobbies 510 body. You can buy it separate from the chassis if you like, but it is made to fit that chassis, so...

can you buy them from the web site? I bought the car at the J's motoring show and they would't sell me the body only. I really want the number 85 car as well.

IMG_0349.jpg

any tips on the grill and stuff looks kind of counfusing :confused:

I used the grill sticker and trimed it to fit a bit better. I thought the clear would be too hard to paint. not all the stickers fit to well like the two stripes on the side. They should be put on before the black sticker below the doors. I did one side at a time, so I have a good side and a not so good side.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Fellas, new to the forum.

Here is my 2 door. Gonna drop it really low one of these days and go the duel Webber route. I just got a smoking deal on some hoshinos for it.

DSC01432.jpg

And my new 4 door. Got it a couple of weeks befor Canby.

CIMG0743.jpg