pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Converted to RHD historic rally car, built for a friend who passed away recently. The car was built to compete in the LeJog historic car rally.

357623425_Wk5AG-XL.jpg

340646932_a8ojD-L.jpg

352439352_q4W9o-L.jpg

Full build pictures here:

http://crashton.smugmug.com/gallery/5155086_wZTZK#312008488_bkNuU

Awesome build! Car looks sweet. How hard was the RHD conversion? Do you still have the old wheels/tires?

Awesome build! Car looks sweet. How hard was the RHD conversion? Do you still have the old wheels/tires?

The conversion was easy...just get all the RHD parts, hack a hole for the steering column and pedal box/master cylinders... The fellow I built the car for got all the RHD stuff from NZ, it was a very complete package right down to the hood release setup. The only thing missing was the hood latch that bolts to the hood (it's different than LHD...who would have thought?). I'd like to find the correct RHD turn signal switch (with pass-to-flash, the car is wired for the relay). Other than that it was really just a matter of plumbing and attaching things.

I need to take some current pictures, the car has had a few more details looked after. Still have not done cavity wax or interior seam sealing, the interior was kind of rushed into place for the unveiling.

358235992_6b4aK-L.jpg

By old wheels you mean the steel Mitsubishi wheels (with snow tires)? Yes I have them.

The conversion was easy...just get all the RHD parts, hack a hole for the steering column and pedal box/master cylinders... The fellow I built the car for got all the RHD stuff from NZ, it was a very complete package right down to the hood release setup. The only thing missing was the hood latch that bolts to the hood (it's different than LHD...who would have thought?). I'd like to find the correct RHD turn signal switch (with pass-to-flash, the car is wired for the relay). Other than that it was really just a matter of plumbing and attaching things.

I need to take some current pictures, the car has had a few more details looked after. Still have not done cavity wax or interior seam sealing, the interior was kind of rushed into place for the unveiling.

358235992_6b4aK-L.jpg

By old wheels you mean the steel Mitsubishi wheels (with snow tires)? Yes I have them.

I'd love my 510 to be RHD. Thanks for the info :)

Those wheels/tires look sweet. I need to get some snow tires before the snow hits or I'm going to be in a world of hurt.

Converted to RHD historic rally car, built for a friend who passed away recently. The car was built to compete in the LeJog historic car rally.

Wow, I just went through all 460 photos and I am speechless! I am sorry to hear about your friend. It must bring some comfort to have such an amazing tribute as this dime.

• 3 weeks later...