pic of your dime

Icehouse

wow let us know how you get that registered the pos dmv-carb bureaucrats are really fucking clamping down

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/pubs/reg_hdbk/ch12/ch12_15

I've been to the DMV 3 times so far.  Ive already passed the Vin Verification (Completed at the DMV), paid my taxes (they took that money quick) The DMV sent off all my paperwork to Sacramento for the final verification (could take up to 90days).  The company that imported the car for me completed the DOT and EPA paperwork.  I'll let everyone know once I finally get my plates 

• Like 3
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been to the DMV 3 times so far. Ive already passed the Vin Verification (Completed at the DMV), paid my taxes (they took that money quick) The DMV sent off all my paperwork to Sacramento for the final verification (could take up to 90days). The company that imported the car for me completed the DOT and EPA paperwork. I'll let everyone know once I finally get my plates

Good luck with it.

The only thing that would stand in his way under that statute is the emissions certificate of compliance. Since it appears that he has the car currently in his possession, push comes to shove, swap the engine, get compliance, replace the engine with stock.

I used to do that with a mustang club a buddy of mine was in, having your pos datsun get more attention than the brand new every aftermarket part and "sweet" airbrushed mustang is always a nice feeling

Younger guys aren't so hung up on the anti Jap crap like the older hot rod culture. I roll up on a hot rod show in Oakland and I always get a cold shoulder from the old fart chromed out Chevy guys. It's the 20-30 somethings that gather round. To them Datsun has the prestige of being the originator of Japanese tuner performance. I agree Q, that is a great feeling.

• Like 4

First post on this forum. Had a 510 about 10 years ago. Since ive been in the German car world (vw, air/early water cooled)

So, I've been trying to acquire this 510 for about 3 years now and just recently did so. One owner, Mt Shasta, CA car. Seen all sorts of weather and a lot of Forest Service back roads. None the less its still a runner (well now it is, a "mobile mech" ripped her off, left it in pieces so she decided to let it go). Not planning on going too extreme on it, single sidedraft w/lynx, dogleg, coilovers, mags, run-ability upgrades etc. Would like to maintain its history somewhat. Here a couple of pics. 

IMG_7470_zpsf9xfbv4g.jpg

C83CA268-7592-463E-AB92-242936A2213A_zps

1282EBB2-CC21-49D0-9F41-15C6A3FFC3CE_zps

• Like 7