pic of your dime

Icehouse

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope I don't hurt anyone's eyes with this pic of my ugly '72. Main reason I'm posting is I may finally be able to post pics to Ratsun from my Flickr account (if it shows up in the post that is), so this is a test. I haven't been able to do that for a long time. Of course by tomorrow I will have forgotten what I learned today and/or Flickr will have made one of their "improvements" and nothing will work the same.

I appreciate a beautiful 510, but ratty, ugly ones can be fun too. That pinkish looking thing to the right in the background is my house. Since this pic I've had a new roof put on for $14K. If I could have invested that money into the 510 it would look lots better!

18839448216_6d573492e7_b.jpgDSC00902 by Len Robertson, on Flickr

Len

• Like 4

I've had the 510 for several years now. A trucker told the farmer that I was working for about a couple of dead 510s behind a barn on a farm 25 miles away. We went and grabbed 'em. $150 for the pair was hard to pass up. My boss got the 2-door which was really straight, but missing the head. I got the 4-door which was non-running but had a complete engine and had been running before it was parked. It had been hit on the passenger side so both the front fender and door are replacements. I wanted a 4-door and something not too hard to get running.

I got mine running after dealing with all the bad gas/plugged gas line issues and drove it for a couple of years with the 1600 and auto. Until the head gasket blew. I pulled the engine and tranny to put in an L20b and dogleg. I got bogged down and it took me a few years to get it running again (maybe inspiration for anyone with a stalled project. It is possible to complete them.) Been driving it happily since then but still have a lot to do obviously.

Lowering is in the plan. I've got ZX struts waiting to go in. I'm trading some 15" steelies off a 200SX for some lowering springs. But there are a dozen other things it needs like exhaust and carb rebuild. Also has more rust than I like, but at least the floors are solid.

I wish I could match the replacement door and fender to the patina on the rest of the car. The original color was green then a cheap blue paint job over that. It sat out with a tarp on it in windy E WA and the moving tarp wore away areas of the blue down to the green. Cool look, but trying to match this look is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Len

• Like 2

Just a little progress. Finally got the engine bay painted. Im going to redo the brake lines once the car is back home. They were removed prior to paint incase anyone is wondering. Pretty happy right now  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

IMG_1675_zpsfqabdjfs.jpg

• Like 5

Here is my ride, still trying to figure out which wheels i want to run if i decide to keep her much longer 1970 all original except the coilovers (that i have yet to adjust)

IMG_20151018_160138.jpg

IMG_20151110_160025.jpg

20151109_131806.jpg

Nice! What does it have for tail lights? How about a butt shot? Great car man!

• Like 3