8.8 Quake Hits Japan and triggers 20' Tsunami

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to the Japanese people, I hope they can stem this thing with as little casualties as possible. As far as our coast Hawaii hasn't seemed to get much in the way of tsunami waves so I don't think/hope that much of a wave will hit the Oregon coast.

This Is What My Teacher Wrote Me:

ありがとうございます。日本語ができる方なのですね。日本の今日はひどい状況です。明日は悲しい日となるでしょう。こんなことは、1995年にもありました。でも、誰を責めることもできません。あなたの応援が、嬉しいです。

Kind Of Difficult For Me To Translate But, Basically Says

Thanks For You're Concern, Today (Yesterday) Japan Is In Shock, But Tomorrow Will Be A Very Sad Day

This Hasn't Happened Since 1995.

And All We Can Do Is Hope For The Best :unsure:

Were supposed to get 6 to 8 foot swells right now. Beach access is blocked off, homes and businesses are evacuated, and everyone is headed up hill. I'm about 15 miles inland for work so I can't see anything happening, but my family has a business on the water and my house is a few blocks away so we will see if anything happens. I should have tied an anchor to the z just in case...

I went out to the coast to spend a nice few days with the GF.

got in last night and then got woken up by the hotel phone at 5am <_<

me: hello?

desk lady: you need to come to the front desk

me: lolz wut?

desk lady: were evacuating

desk lady: theres a tsunami

me: the fuck..............?

me realizing it was 5am and Iv been in my (far to expensive) hotel condo for only 7 hours:

rageGuy2.jpg

I hope rich is ok and his coupe

Dude he called me last night when it was going on! He said it was fucking crazy!!!!! He moved his Blue Bird outside so that stuff in the garage wouldn't fall on it. I'm not sure if I talked to him after the big one though. He called me at 10:30 our time.

I went out to the coast to spend a nice few days with the GF.

got in last night and then got woken up by the hotel phone at 5am <_<

me: hello?

desk lady: you need to come to the front desk

desk lady: were evacuating

desk lady: theres a tsunami

me: the fuck..............?

me realizing it was 5am and Iv been in my (far to expensive) hotel condo for only 7 hours:

rageGuy2.jpg

The GF was trying to talk me out of going to the beach tomorrow. Yeah, right, that is happening. The nonrefundable hotel room is going to get used damn it!

Other than that...

My thoughts are with those in Japan and effected areas. I have heard back from my friends in Japan and they are alright. Waiting to hear from my buddy in Guam.

The GF was trying to talk me out of going to the beach tomorrow. Yeah, right, that is happening. The nonrefundable hotel room is going to get used damn it!

Other than that...

My thoughts are with those in Japan and effected areas. I have heard back from my friends in Japan and they are alright. Waiting to hear from my buddy in Guam.

Dood no way!! You coming to seaside? Theres gonna be a small meet and greet here HAHA.. Thisismatt, lynch420, 510addict, some other dood...

it was crazy watching fox11 last night LIVE in Japan...seeing the swell come up and with in 20 seconds the water was 20ft high. I've NEVER seen anything like that before. Two cars were safe by maybe 10 seconds!

prayers to Japan and families that get affected by the tsunami.