Why are people such douches?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching a documentary on Muhammad Ali, and one of his comments was "People make the ghetto. And the way our people are right now, you could take the best area of Malibu and we'd turn it into a ghetto in a week." - That isn't exactly right but it's pretty close.

I actually try and watch myself because I've been harboring some fairly bigoted views lately, stemming mainly from dealing with city folk in and around Spokane. (It's damn hard for me not to develop dislikes and associate a certain profile to those people.) Not that I'm going to start going around yelling N this and N that to random dudes around my neighborhood, but you start to think it and go holy shit, wait a minute, I shouldn't be thinking like that.

And Spokane isn't a huge place, and it's still mostly white. Certainly not the racial diversity like Atlanta or LA. I try to live by the sayings of a wiser man than myself who said: "Never hate in the plural." Meaning, you can't blanket hate everyone, you have to judge each asshole individually. And yeah, it doesn't matter which race you are, there are always stupid ignorant fucks whose sole purpose in life is to not succeed.

Unfortunately it's often times not their faults. They haven't had good upbringing. Just like in Idiocracy. My parents took me to different countries when I was a kid, spent time with me, I went to college. You get someone who's childhood was the tv and not having enough food, money, and love, and you get a shit result. Some people are special enough that they break out of that mold. Most aren't. It's a shame. I wish when all these rich jerks start a drive to save Darfur or some other far off place, they'd put their money to better use and try and make the US a better place. At the same time, I'm not that fond of social programs because I haven't seen a lot of them work very well.

As Sealik said, I think you just have to move farther out so you don't have to deal with those people. And then keep watch with the .50 cal so when they try to move to your area you can pick them off. :D

• Like 2

You know what HRH, you're right. I honestly do need to move further out. But honestly, anywhere around here it's all the same. It's either white hate or black hate. I hate all racism equally.

As far as the ghettos, people do make them. It's not really based on "low income" or "low property value", it's about lazy assholes that want to make an excuse for their lack of intelligence and poor business ethics. Getting a job isn't really that hard, you just have to devote yourself. Hell, the Autozone job just kind of fell into my lap. i applied and completely destroyed the interview. You don't even have to know anything about cars to work there.

The area where i work is all minorities. Everyones lazy as FUCK. I actually had a guy complain because his mechanic wanted to charge him a hundred bucks to change his clutch!!

Black people be cool with me in the Gardena and LA area. I look right in there eye and I just nod. Then they nod and we cool. I hardly ever say "WYHAT YSOSSS LOOKING AT PUNK?!" If I they do then I look away slowly. If they start more shit then its time to get down...

• Like 1

Makes you wish that this county would support abortion a bit more. 17 sumthings shouldn't be allowed to give birth period, too stupid and unprepared financially and emotionally to handle the situation, and the whole foster home thing puts children in real bad spots.

Well, that's another issue entirely, but I'm strongly against abortion. I think it's pretty sad that people are too stupid to control themselves and kill a life for it. To think it's not emotionally damaging to the mother is also ignorance.

Many things in this world have negatives associated with them, but sometimes you have to choose the lesser of the 2 evils. Abortion is a sad thing and shouldn't be necessary but neither should kids growing up in foster homes being broken by the foster system, taking to the streets doing drugs ETC.

• Like 2

What I was trying to say is done be a push over. We are animals. Just like any animal we have to be intimidating and not give a fuck. You really have to let out a couple F's here and there and scare some people. Don't do this...

okayy%20222222.jpg?1295448375

I was kidding on my last post... But I did prove a point. You got scared. LOL!

We need more good old fashioned ASS whooping for kids

THAT is EXACTLY what I was thinking! I see seriously crazy behavior from children all of the time, right in front of their ignorant parents. If I did some of the stupid shit I see in front of my Dad, he would have kicked me so hard, his pointy-ass cowboy boot would still be up my ass!

Seriously though, the total disregard for education in this country for the last 40 years has crippled our society.

THAT is EXACTLY what I was thinking! I see seriously crazy behavior from children all of the time, right in front of their ignorant parents. If I did some of the stupid shit I see in front of my Dad, he would have kicked me so hard, his pointy-ass cowboy boot would still be up my ass!

Seriously though, the total disregard for education in this country for the last 40 years has crippled our society.

Thats the crux of it right there! Kids (for the most part) arent taught the way we were back in the day.Now it is rare to see a complete family unit. I dont want to start a controversary on abortion,but there are times when A child is better off not being dealt a bad hand. Such as a single mother with no support,no money,mental issues,medical issues,there are just so many circumstances.

Ignorance and lack of respect. I was at a desert race last weekend with my gf. These things are full of flat-biller bro punks, but I enjoy the races and have friends & family that compete, so they're fun to go to. While walking through the parking lot back to our hotel, some douchebag in a prerunner drives around us within about 2 feet of hitting us and we have to stop walking to avoid being hit. A couple more db's are riding on the back and one of them sarcastically says "sorry!" and the other starts heckling like "Haha, suckers...walkiiing". Really pissed me off, and made me wish I was holding a breaker bar at the time, but kept cool because of the gf and I was otherwise alone and defenseless, so I probably would have gotten a beat down :P

I don't see things getting any better. There are more and more people having more and more kids without the time or money to raise them properly. Unfortunately(?), sex is free so it will continue...

I'm in the heartland of flat billers. I know what your talking about. The parents are to blame. A little ass kickin goes a long way.

thisismatt. You hit the nail on the head on every reply you made in this thread. :) I like your thinking.

All this talk of ass kicking the kids. I hear you on one level, but my folks never had to spank me and I turned out fine. And no I wasn't an angel,yes I got in trouble, yes there were times I hated them (or thought I did as kids do) but at the core I respected my parents, and we are still great friends today. We like hanging out.

But I know some dudes that were slapped around as kids and now they are big asses.

It may make it better, it may make it worse.

It is all a grab bag. My brother was raised the same way I was and was way more of a problem child. Go figure.

Some of it is the genes you were born with folks!

All this talk of ass kicking the kids. I hear you on one level, but my folks never had to spank me and I turned out fine. And no I wasn't an angel,yes I got in trouble, yes there were times I hated them (or thought I did as kids do) but at the core I respected my parents, and we are still great friends today. We like hanging out.

But I know some dudes that were slapped around as kids and now they are big asses.

It is all a grab bag. My brother was raised the same way I was and was way more of a problem child. Go figure.

I think you need a spanking. :blink:

I guess what I was trying to get at is just the threat of an ass whoppin put me in line as a kid. My pops only kicked my ass when I did something really dumb. Like when I was 12 or so and got busted for trying to derail a train.

Well we just put coins and shit on the tracks. :lol: But the cops hauled my ass off to jail. And my pops kicked my ass good. But I never ended up in jail again. See what I'm getting at.

All my dad had to do when I was a kid was give me that look. You know the one.

(KEEP IT UP AND I'LL KICK YOUR ASS LOOK)

I never hit or spanked my daughter when she was growing up. But I taught her respect. And she is a great adult now.

• Like 2

Do other forums do this????? ...... NO!!! ......... :lol:

Can't we just go back to bashing Honduhs and VWs??????? . . . ... :frantics:

Thats what makes this forum awesome!!

I guess what I was trying to get at is just the threat of an ass whoppin put me in line as a kid. My pops only kicked my ass when I did something really dumb. Like when I was 12 or so and got busted for trying to derail a train.

Well we just put coins and shit on the tracks. :lol: But the cops hauled my ass off to jail. And my pops kicked my ass good. But I never ended up in jail again. See what I'm getting at.

All my dad had to do when I was a kid was give me that look. You know the one.

(KEEP IT UP AND I'LL KICK YOUR ASS LOOK)

I never hit or spanked my daughter when she was growing up. But I taught her respect. And she is a great adult now.

Ya!! I sure know that look. My parents raised me like that. I got my share of ass whuppins, but only when I really deserved it. They also taught me respect, morals and responsibilities of life.

I am trying to raise my kids now like this. They need respect for other people. They need to have responsibilities in life, know whats right and wrong. I think my wife and I are doing ok, my daughter is 6 and is doing pretty good.

Precisely Datrod! Hitting doesn't have to be the first action, it should be the last resort IMHO. I am not saying I would never spank my 8 year old Daughter, but she's have to push me really far. Usually I extinguish the behavior other ways first. There always was the threat of getting spanked in my house, dad just never had to use it (on me) cause his other parenting skills kept me in check before I crossed that line. My brother however, did get spanked a couple times. He had other ways. If I was goofing off in church for instance he would squeeze my leg till I corrected my behavior. Didn't have to say a thing. I can still feel that spot!

And I do remember once the mighty arm/hand slap swinging back from the front seat when my bro and I wouldn't stop being annoying. I dodged the blow though!

I guess what it comes down to is instilling in kids that there will be consequences for their actions and parents had better follow through with their threats. My cousin once told her kids that if they didn't pick up their toys they would be thrown away. And when they didn't pick them up, she got the trashbag and they watched her put them in the bag and haul them off. They had plenty of warning. They just didn't think she would follow through.

Like I said all kids are different and need to learn differently. What works for one might not for another.

Precisely Datrod! Hitting doesn't have to be the first action, it should be the last resort IMHO. I am not saying I would never spank my 8 year old Daughter, but she's have to push me really far. Usually I extinguish the behavior other ways first. There always was the threat of getting spanked in my house, dad just never had to use it (on me) cause his other parenting skills kept me in check before I crossed that line. My brother however, did get spanked a couple times. He had other ways. If I was goofing off in church for instance he would squeeze my leg till I corrected my behavior. Didn't have to say a thing. I can still feel that spot!

And I do remember once the mighty arm/hand slap swinging back from the front seat when my bro and I wouldn't stop being annoying. I dodged the blow though!

I guess what it comes down to is instilling in kids that there will be consequences for their actions and parents had better follow through with their threats. My cousin once told her kids that if they didn't pick up their toys they would be thrown away. And when they didn't pick them up, she got the trashbag and they watched her put them in the bag and haul them off. They had plenty of warning. They just didn't think she would follow through.

Like I said all kids are different and need to learn differently. What works for one might not for another.

Exactly

When I was 4 I watched my dad get the oil space heater going. He told me 'don't touch that handle, it's hot.'.... Yup, the first thing I did when he left the room is touch it and get a burnt finger. I ran to my room and never told him. The point is that you can tell kids not to do something and what the consequences are for doing something you are told not to do, but experiencing the consequences always make a bigger impression than merely being told. Children should learn that there are consequences for wrong doing. Not saying a beating or a slap but at the least something to drive the lesson home and not an empty threat. With luck they will reach adulthood and have to tools necessary to apply this to novel situations such as gangs or guns or drinking and drugs when you are not around.

Kids will push to find their boundaries. They will push until an adult pushes back. Never underestimate what little manipulators they can be. It's totally normal for them to be 'me' centric and want the world to conform to them. They should never remain totally 'me' to adulthood but should respect other's boundaries and societal laws. Jails are full of kids still pushing boundaries they don't respect.