Why are people such douches?

All this talk of ass kicking the kids. I hear you on one level, but my folks never had to spank me and I turned out fine. And no I wasn't an angel,yes I got in trouble, yes there were times I hated them (or thought I did as kids do) but at the core I respected my parents, and we are still great friends today. We like hanging out.

But I know some dudes that were slapped around as kids and now they are big asses.

It may make it better, it may make it worse.

It is all a grab bag. My brother was raised the same way I was and was way more of a problem child. Go figure.

Some of it is the genes you were born with folks!

Ya it's not so much how you are disciplined as long as it is done in a way to teach you respect, which you may not have until well after the fact. It is very much a psychological goal that you must reach with the child not a physical one.

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO YOU WANT ME TO STOP THIS CAR?!? YOU 2 CAN WALK HOME!

Thats usually what my sister and I got. And it was usually during a cold Minnesota -20 degree winter! That was enough TO shut us up.

Haha my mom was the same way, she never would have made us walk just used that as the threat if she had to stop she would get out and pop us on the cheek once and instill fear of god in us with her looks.

When I was 4 I watched my dad get the oil space heater going. He told me 'don't touch that handle, it's hot.'.... Yup, the first thing I did when he left the room is touch it and get a burnt finger. I ran to my room and never told him. The point is that you can tell kids not to do something and what the consequences are for doing something you are told not to do, but experiencing the consequences always make a bigger impression than merely being told.

yup lol my buddy Gary's kid stuck a paper clip in the socket and shocked the shit out of himself.

lol he just looked over at him and goes "well your not gonna do that again now are you?"

I dont have kids but I strongly believe they shouldn't be so coddled, kids are supposed to have scraped knees and bumps and bruises.

alot of kids I see today are entitled pussys that think there the greatest shit ever.

but the greatest threat and problem is that Ignorance is accepted and encouraged in America. :angry:

People think schools are just a form of daycare. It isn't the teacher's job to teach values, though most probably do. Besides the best years are before school so no wonder there's trouble in the classrooms. Unions were a good idea 50 years ago but today it's give me give me. It's never ending. I would be so impressed if they said to the workers we don't need a $2 raise, a dollar is all we need.

I was kidding on my last post... But I did prove a point. You got scared. LOL!

Who got scared? Cuz I know I sure as fuck wasn't laugh.gif

I'm not gonna give some little assholes the satisfaction of knowing they pissed me off. And I sure as hell wasn't gonna have them follow me home from work one night and shoot me because I told them to shut the fuck up. It's not like my car's hard to spot. It's very rare to see another car like it in the area. Let alone daily.

All people should treat each other with respect, regardless of color or gender. That's how I was raised, I treat people with respect unless they give me a reason to do otherwise. As for discipline I got my fair share of ass woopins growing up but I always doing something dumb to get them. I believe in discipline for children but not getting out of hand with it. I have a young daughter and my wife and I are doing the best we can to bring her up right and teach her to respect people and right from wrong.

So much crap is screwed up on the world already the least we can do is get along and not make things more difficult for our fellow human beings.

Makes you wish that this county would support abortion a bit more. 17 sumthings shouldn't be allowed to give birth period, too stupid and unprepared financially and emotionally to handle the situation, and the whole foster home thing puts children in real bad spots.

My mom had my older brother when she was 17. I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. We never had a ton of money, but we always got by and she always found a way for us to have fun. Even if she would lay out a tarp on the grass and pour some dish soap on it and squirt it with a hose, we had a slip n slide all day and were happy with it. She never graduated high-school or went to college, but she did an above average job at raising us. I think it is because of the way she was raised, she raised us the same way. She wasn't afraid to smack us if we fucked up, but she never beat us. I remember back talking her when I was 9. She smacked me on my face and I never disrespected her again. It sounds harsh, but it taught me my lesson. She had a certain tone she would use when she was getting annoyed and that tone was enough to make us all shut up and behave. Most of it comes down to parenting, but a lot of it can be attributed to parenting from the previous generations.

Makes you wish that this county would support abortion a bit more. 17 sumthings shouldn't be allowed to give birth period, too stupid and unprepared financially and emotionally to handle the situation, and the whole foster home thing puts children in real bad spots.

Abortion should never be a form of birth control. The church needs to get on side with proper birth control for anyone who needs it. They are hundreds of years out of date and need to realize they are not the 'super power' they once were.

My mom had my older brother when she was 17. I have 4 brothers and 2 sisters. We never had a ton of money, but we always got by and she always found a way for us to have fun. Even if she would lay out a tarp on the grass and pour some dish soap on it and squirt it with a hose, we had a slip n slide all day and were happy with it. She never graduated high-school or went to college, but she did an above average job at raising us. I think it is because of the way she was raised, she raised us the same way. She wasn't afraid to smack us if we fucked up, but she never beat us. I remember back talking her when I was 9. She smacked me on my face and I never disrespected her again. It sounds harsh, but it taught me my lesson. She had a certain tone she would use when she was getting annoyed and that tone was enough to make us all shut up and behave. Most of it comes down to parenting, but a lot of it can be attributed to parenting from the previous generations.

Your mom sounds like a hell of a gal. Good for her.

Even if she would lay out a tarp on the grass and pour some dish soap on it and squirt it with a hose, we had a slip n slide all day and were happy with it.

lol thats the only slip and slide I ever had :lol: fun and dangerous as shit

^pretty much ruined a perfectly worthless page 4 :lol:

You guys had a tarp! Damn living the high life! We had black garbage bags taped together. And our swimming pool was the garbage can filled with water! :lol:

You guys had a tarp! Damn living the high life! We had black garbage bags taped together. And our swimming pool was the garbage can filled with water! :lol:

We only had a tarp because we would steal it off of the neighbors old car then replace it when we were done:). Come to think of it, he had a B210 under the tarp lol

No disrespect to your mother Dirk she sounds like she did a good job, but that is something of a rarity for very young mothers, and TBH have you met high schoolers these days? I'm only 25 but many of these kids act like they are 10.

Datzenmike I wish they would but it doesn't even make sense why the church does a lot of things so lets all keep wishing.