Why are people such douches?

I left work tonight and had some problems with my car not starting and my dad came up with a multi meter and some wrenches to figure it out, and while we're under the hood some black guys are walking by across the street and start yelling racist shit like "fuck you whitey" and "stupid cracker ass" while we were in the parking lot working on my car! We ignored the assholes and I called the cops (waste of time) because it wasn't worth getting shot over, and these pant sagging dick heads (excuse the language, I'M PISSED) came back by again antagonizing us trying to piss us off. This whole time, my dad was just laughing with his .38 in his hand under the hood.

I went inside to get some fuses and wire cutters from behind the shelf, mentioned it something to my cool manager who happens to be a big black guy and he comes barreling out the door mumbling about dragging these assholes across the street and beating them with a lead pipe, goes straight to my dad and apologizes for the way they're acting. I was actually quite astonished because I wasn't expecting my boss to do that.

Seriously though, is this 1932 or should I just loose all faith in society?

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignorance and lack of respect. I was at a desert race last weekend with my gf. These things are full of flat-biller bro punks, but I enjoy the races and have friends & family that compete, so they're fun to go to. While walking through the parking lot back to our hotel, some douchebag in a prerunner drives around us within about 2 feet of hitting us and we have to stop walking to avoid being hit. A couple more db's are riding on the back and one of them sarcastically says "sorry!" and the other starts heckling like "Haha, suckers...walkiiing". Really pissed me off, and made me wish I was holding a breaker bar at the time, but kept cool because of the gf and I was otherwise alone and defenseless, so I probably would have gotten a beat down :P

I don't see things getting any better. There are more and more people having more and more kids without the time or money to raise them properly. Unfortunately(?), sex is free so it will continue...

You guys give me hope the world is ok. Ratsun is an interesting bunch of folks from many ages and many backgrounds. And sure we have a flair up here and there and an occasional douche that has to be banned.

But really we all seem to get along overall.

People are dumb sometimes. Especially in groups. I have to wonder if one of those guys were alone would he have started shit? I don't think so, and not because he was scared or anything, more because people generally don't think that way when solo. Hell if he were alone in that parking lot w/o his buddies, he might even have offered to help, who knows. But put a group together, especially if there was booze involved, and people change.

• Like 2

You guys give me hope the world is ok. Ratsun is an interesting bunch of folks from many ages and many backgrounds. And sure we have a flair up here and there and an occasional douche that has to be banned.

But really we all seem to get along overall.

People are dumb sometimes. Especially in groups. I have to wonder if one of those guys were alone would he have started shit? I don't think so, and not because he was scared or anything, more because people generally don't think that way when solo. Hell if he were alone in that parking lot w/o his buddies, he might even have offered to help, who knows. But put a group together, especially if there was booze involved, and people change.

Pack mentality

Demographics

I can't imagine living in a environment...neighborhood with such hatred and disregard for our fellow man.

Crime is rampant and no one gives a rats ass for reprisal

Instead of being called a 'honky cracker ass' ;) ...and becoming a possible statistic....I moved....well beyond the burbs.

Fuck'm all I say !...:lol: ....

......although.....would be nice to have some of those 'modern amenities' :P .... :)

Like they said,lack of education which breeds no respect for others. they're young stupid and either pissed off at the world or just don't give a fuck. Not just blacks either.

And with all these cuts to education,it may get worse. I really hope not.

My .02

• Like 1

Like they said,lack of education which breeds no respect for others. they're young stupid and either pissed off at the world or just don't give a fuck. Not just blacks either.

And with all these cuts to education,it may get worse. I really hope not.

My .02

Cuts to education and "poor" teachers is such a cop-out IMO. Lack of parenting is the real issue, and the burden of parenting has been shifted off the parents to the school system, making the school system and teachers a daycare and a scapegoat for all our problems. That's not to say parenting isn't difficult, and hasn't become even more-so with hard times, but that just goes back to my opinion that people need to stop having kids that they can't handle emotionally, physically, financially, or mentally. Oh crap, we're poor and uneducated, let's have kids so they can be even worse off than us, and then they can do the same thing! :unsure: I do think cuts to education are bad, and cuts to welfare would be more deserved, but at the same time I don't think all the money in the world is going to perfect a bunch of disrespectful punks who don't want to learn in the first place. That's like fighting a war in Afghanistan or Iraq...oh, whoops
  • Like 2

There's actually a good piece on this in the movie freakanomics. But ya overall people are uneducated bafoons and it gets worse the c loser to the innercity you get. Poor areas usually inhabited by blacks usually referred to as the ghetto high crime rates lots of drug problems. The sad thing is, it isn't even due to so called racism and ethnic minorities being held down by the government and by whites (as it happens to white people too and is extremely prevalent in North American Indian society as well). It's about people who were disadvantaged at one point and ride that self loathing shit all the way to the food stamp line. If these poorer areas would strive to educate themselves, go to college, empower themselves to fight against drugs and gangs (who consequently prey on weak minded people) and do work to make their neighborhoods better than their lives would be so much better. You don't have to be rich to go to college and infact it is cheaper to go if you are poorer and or an ethnic minority (scholarships FTW). I'm not rich my family is working class at best but I went to college, sure I have loans to pay off but now I have an education that I can use to make a career for myself and will have the money to pay those loans.

Anyway incoherent rant off sorry bout that.

• Like 1

Cuts to education and "poor" teachers is such a cop-out IMO. Lack of parenting is the real issue, and the burden of parenting has been shifted off the parents to the school system, making the school system and teachers a daycare and a scapegoat for all our problems. That's not to say parenting isn't difficult, and hasn't become even more-so with hard times, but that just goes back to my opinion that people need to stop having kids that they can't handle emotionally, physically, financially, or mentally. Oh crap, we're poor and uneducated, let's have kids so they can be even worse off than us, and then they can do the same thing! :unsure: I do think cuts to education are bad, and cuts to welfare would be more deserved, but at the same time I don't think all the money in the world is going to perfect a bunch of disrespectful punks who don't want to learn in the first place. That's like fighting a war in Afghanistan or Iraq...oh, whoops

Makes you wish that this county would support abortion a bit more. 17 sumthings shouldn't be allowed to give birth period, too stupid and unprepared financially and emotionally to handle the situation, and the whole foster home thing puts children in real bad spots.

I didn't plan to move away from that shit but I left Ontario almost 20 years ago and ended up in a small community out west. No whores walking around on the streets (or was that one of the modern amenities Doug?) Drugs seem to be mostly pot from the smell of it. I'm not an idiot, I know there are other stuff around.

Honestly, I'm pretty fucking sick of this area. Georgia as a whole is stupid. Every time you turn a corner some guys is cussing and trying to antagonize you for no reason. Everyone wants something for nothing. The state as a whole in this area is racist. Black or white, it doesn't matter. People have no tolerance.

I was lucky enough to grow up being taught how to tolerate morons and ignore them. the sad thing is, most of these guys will follow you around until they get a reaction about you. I have assholes ride my ass all the time yelling slanderous shit.

I have a defense mechanism though: Noone really likes following a car that emits blinding stinking smoke clouds. cool.gif You ever smelling burning synthetic? It stinks.

Being that Atlanta is the "rap capital" of the world, and I'm less then an hour away (technically I'm IN the metro Atlanta area) everyone over here is a gangster that likes to start shit and piss you off. Always in groups though, like has been mentioned. They're all pussies. Ever since Obama was voted into office everyone has been cocky and anal about it. I always hear "we got a black man as president woohoo!" and my response is always something to the extent of "you do realize EVERY other president was white right?" I use tolerance though. i know when to stop and let people run there mouth.

Edited by metalmonkey47

I went inside to get some fuses and wire cutters from behind the shelf, mentioned it something to my cool manager who happens to be a big black guy and he comes barreling out the door mumbling about dragging these assholes across the street and beating them with a lead pipe, goes straight to my dad and apologizes for the way I'm acting. I was actually quite astonished because I wasn't expecting my boss to do that.

say what? you're boss apologizes for the way you're acting? :huh: