WTF super mega ricer!

So I was working at Autozone tonight, and this young couple comes in and tells me they have a problem with their car. My first instinct is to ask what kind of car it is, so i do and they respond that it is a 1991 Acura Integra. Cool, no biggie right? The guy told me he's been working on cars for a few years and this has him stumped.

I ask what the issue is, and they tell me they made it halfway home and noticed a weird sound of air rushing and when they accelerate hard and let off the gas, theres a strange whirring sound under the hood. He said it was running okay and was even going pretty fast for a car with some kind of "issue." I walked outside with the dude while the girl walked down the "ricer" isle to look at "performance" accessories.

Naturally, at this point I began to get suspicious of their knowledge of cars. The guy seemed kinda dumb and used terminology that is only used by the most ignorant of my customers. Said something that I could only equate to him telling me the air filter box was leaking?

WTF... so he opened the hood and... dry.gif

Ebay turbo kit. I spent 20 minuets explaining to him why it wasn't a problem. And still, he didn't seem to believe that was it.

Sent him accross the street to talk to the guys at the local shop.

Good fucking riddance.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You did it wrong, you probably could have sold him half the store!

LOL no he was too annoying for me to even make an attempt at it.

Besides, I did my part. Made the store about $1500 in two transactions one day after another. My boss was like WHOAA

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Yes I deal with the exact SAME people. However it goes both ways, I work for Oreilly's and we had some redneck idiot come in and tell us he had to take his Holly carb off of his F250 with a 390 cause it was breaking his transmission mounts!! LOL!! :blink:

Yep, I'm sure I've started a few rant threads from my NAPA experiences. It reminds me of "Mallrats" where Ben Afleck is beating up Brodie in the mall basement. "What about the customer is always right? Let me tell you something, the customer is ALWAYS AN ASSHOLE!" :D The worst part is the worse the economy gets, the worse it is for parts jockeys. Because every moron trying to save a few bucks who doesn't know what he's doing comes in and proceeds to fuck his shit up and blame your parts.

Not quite that bad but a guy came in yesterday with a blue metallic ebay steering wheel wanting a hub adapter. I neglected to ask, why would you want a hub adapter to put that rice piece of shit on your car? Sent him down to Snows/Car Toys and got him the fuck out of the store.

LOL DTP, I will be starting one soon. It will be titled "Get in the zone"

I might also add, a dumbass spun a rod bearing in our parking lot today, proceeded to rev it until it was banging like a hooker, sat around for about 30 minuets with it idling, put some lucas in it, revved it some more, wondered why it wasn't working right, then drove home in a hail of smoke.

And this whole time he had 5 Autozone employees telling him to turn it off and get a tow. Either that or baby it home and help for the best. Fucking jackass.

I will try to put this nicely and im not talking about Metalmonkey BUT..in my dealing with autozone not all the knuckleheads are on this side of the counter blink.gif

i have to agree with this the people at my local autozone complete morons

Its true. Some of the people there are just your average entry level employee who applies for a job anywhere.

Although some are like Skib and know something about Nissans.

When they ask what a "Datsun" is, I have to remember that a 1983 Datsun is older than they are by about 10 years.

All the people working at my local Vatozone are all idiots. I bought a battery from them and returned it a few weeks later because right after you charged it the voltage started to drop. They charged it and said the charge took and it was fine. I said bullshit hook up a meter to that pig and watch the voltage drop. He did and then gave me a new battery.

Its true. Some of the people there are just your average entry level employee who applies for a job anywhere.

Although some are like Skib and know something about Nissans.

When they ask what a "Datsun" is, I have to remember that a 1983 Datsun is older than they are by about 10 years.

lolz iv never worked at a parts store.... but i sure wouldnt mind a spot there atm