WTF super mega ricer!

There are at least 3 things that could cause this.

1/ There is a switch on the e brake. I don't know if you have a foot or hand brake but it may need adjusting so it is off when the brake is off.

2/ There is a switch in the hydraulic brake lines that senses if there is a major difference in front and rear brake pressure. Like if there was a bad leak. Of you have rear drum brakes they may need adjusting.

3/ Some master cylinders have a float in the reservoir to signal if the fluid level is low.

There may be more but there's a couple to check.

It is a hand brake. It isn't on all the time. It will come in for a few seconds then go off, and its all at random. Messing with the handle does nothing, it goes off whenever it wants to.

I have discs in front and back. I'll check out the float and fluid levels tonight.

Call home depot and ask if they carry left handed hammers and evaporated water. Gets em every time

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a hand brake. It isn't on all the time. It will come in for a few seconds then go off, and its all at random. Messing with the handle does nothing, it goes off whenever it wants to.

I have discs in front and back. I'll check out the float and fluid levels tonight.

Call home depot and ask if they carry left handed hammers and evaporated water. Gets em every time

check the things Nismo dr. suggested,

most of the brake lights I ever fixed on them where just low fluid.

and hes a Nissan master tech.

check the things Nismo dr. suggested,

most of the brake lights I ever fixed on them where just low fluid.

and hes a Nissan master tech.

Well I popped the hood and guess what. The reservoir was about 1/4 inch below the minimum fill line. I know I don't have a leak because I parked in my driveway and pressed and depressed the brakes for a good 5 minutes and have no fluid anywhere, so it looks like they drained the fluid, filled it and bled them, but didn't top it off. I got some dot 3 and topped it off and haven't had the light come back. Thanks for the tips guys

Well I popped the hood and guess what. The reservoir was about 1/4 inch below the minimum fill line. I know I don't have a leak because I parked in my driveway and pressed and depressed the brakes for a good 5 minutes and have no fluid anywhere, so it looks like they drained the fluid, filled it and bled them, but didn't top it off. I got some dot 3 and topped it off and haven't had the light come back. Thanks for the tips guys

thats what I figured it would be

keep an eye on it, sound like its leaking into the booster to me.

call and ask for a headlight for either an 84 or 85 vette one of those years doesnt exist and it throws them way off, i used to call other autozones when i worked there

1983 is the only year since 1953 that Chevy hasn't produced a Corvette. I love pulling this one on the other parts store guys. I've been keeping up on this thread, and have noticed everyone's feelings on Parts guys. The problem is that none of the major parts store chains want to pay the guys that know what they're talking about enough to stick around. So, every six months they cycle through a new bunch. Someday maybe the people higher up will realize that it's worth the customer loyalty to pay people more accordingly.

1983 is the only year since 1953 that Chevy hasn't produced a Corvette. I love pulling this one on the other parts store guys. I've been keeping up on this thread, and have noticed everyone's feelings on Parts guys. The problem is that none of the major parts store chains want to pay the guys that know what they're talking about enough to stick around. So, every six months they cycle through a new bunch. Someday maybe the people higher up will realize that it's worth the customer loyalty to pay people more accordingly.

this is so true

Also, as time goes by and the pads wear down, it takes more fluid to fill the calipers.. it could just be that, or it could also be an internal leak in the braking system, like Dr. said.

Pads just hit the warning sticks last week. I'm having them changed tomorrow and I will keep an eye on the fluid level to see if that changes anything