WTF super mega ricer!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey skib since you know about Nissans, I have an 09 altima coupe and the red brake light keeps coming on and going off. Its always on when the parking brake is set, but comes on at random when it is off. I've read about a master cylinder problem with them, do you know anything about that or if it is a warning for something? Unfortunately my local stealership has their head up their ass and won't get me in anytime soon since its under warranty and they won't be getting paid for it

Hey skib since you know about Nissans, I have an 09 altima coupe and the red brake light keeps coming on and going off. Its always on when the parking brake is set, but comes on at random when it is off. I've read about a master cylinder problem with them, do you know anything about that or if it is a warning for something? Unfortunately my local stealership has their head up their ass and won't get me in anytime soon since its under warranty and they won't be getting paid for it

Dealers get paid for warranty work.

is your brake fluid low? that will do it, or if its dirty causing the plunger in the master to stick

all the auto part stores around where i live are infested with fuck tard rednecks, i mean everytime i call to get a part for my 210 they ask what make, model and year and when i say 1982 210 datsun they say "ok now who makes that" :huh::poop::huh:

I will try to put this nicely and im not talking about Metalmonkey BUT..in my dealing with autozone not all the knuckleheads are on this side of the counter blink.gif

I honestly agree 100% with you bud. Some Autozoners are COMPLETE fucking morons that need to be fired and thrown in a hole. I deal with them all the time and tell em like it is. Theres only 2 Autozones I will be caught dead in. One is my store, the other is right around the corner.

Advance is even worse. But it all depends on the store.

all the auto part stores around where i live are infested with fuck tard rednecks, i mean everytime i call to get a part for my 210 they ask what make, model and year and when i say 1982 210 datsun they say "ok now who makes that" :huh::poop::huh:

I see that all the time. I call it a Nissan 210 when looking for parts.

There was that guy looking for what stock battery class 510's had in the 510 forum, and I recall him saying Autozone showed 3-4 different classes. Funny thing is,. they were showing him what fit. The Znet system we have is fucking excellent if you know how to use it. Right at the top it shows stock battery class and minimum CCA.

Then Hitch was looking for a thermostat housing gasket and said noone had them. Not even Autozone. I don't even know how those retards fucked that up. I've bought plenty of them before and know for a fact we carry them.

Haha yeah we got freakin idiots at the autozone here. Claim they can order piston rings for a RX7!!! The NAPA here is no better. They are ok at parts but their customer service sucks dirty ball sacks!!

I tried to politely "educate" a customer on headers one day. He asked if he put headers on his 4.7 liter hi output durango if he would get 25 hp. Without laughing I tried to explain that jus headers alone won't give 25hp so he called me a "fucking idiot" hahahah I had to laugh when he said that because the 5 other customers looked at him like he was the fucking idiot!! A female customer came up to me and said "I'm a girl and even I know that!!" LOL

Haha yeah we got freakin idiots at the autozone here. Claim they can order piston rings for a RX7!!! The NAPA here is no better. They are ok at parts but their customer service sucks dirty ball sacks!!

I tried to politely "educate" a customer on headers one day. He asked if he put headers on his 4.7 liter hi output durango if he would get 25 hp. Without laughing I tried to explain that jus headers alone won't give 25hp so he called me a "fucking idiot" hahahah I had to laugh when he said that because the 5 other customers looked at him like he was the fucking idiot!! A female customer came up to me and said "I'm a girl and even I know that!!" LOL

LOL WTF I wanna prank call Advance and ask them that! HAHA

Seriously though, with heavy mods being a cam, intake, cat back exhaust, headers MIGHT make 20HP at the most. Depends on stepped long tube or shorties.

Advance is even worse. But it all depends on the store.

It must depend on the division manager, here you never go to Autozone A) Because it will take forever and a day for them to get around to helping you and B ) They are all complete morons who know nothing about cars no matter what store you go to.

But then again I work at the best Advance store in our division which stretches from Tifton to Madison Florida and the other Advance store is within the top 5 I believe.

is your brake fluid low? that will do it, or if its dirty causing the plunger in the master to stick

I will check. I took it in last month for a 30k service. I had free fluid changes for life written into my contract when I bought my car, so I take it in every other month to change the oil. Last time I had them do oil, tranny, cooling, and brake fluid changes. It started happening 2 weeks after I took it in so maybe I have a leak somewhere. They really weren't too happy about me getting a free cvt fluid change, but I shelled out almost 30k for that car so there's no way I was going to pay them $600 to change the tranny fluid.

And to keep on topic, Autozone just opened a store right across from an oreillys (kragen) here. I went into both to get a fuel pump for my z, and both asked what year and make. I told them 1970 datsun 240z, but that it would be under Nissan in their system. They both told me it won't be under Nissan unless its a Nissan, so I had to argue with them and explain how datsun is Nissan. Fortunately autozone has better employees, and they are able to get me most parts I need. Oreillys is useless. And napa should be shut down.

There are at least 3 things that could cause this.

1/ There is a switch on the e brake. I don't know if you have a foot or hand brake but it may need adjusting so it is off when the brake is off.

2/ There is a switch in the hydraulic brake lines that senses if there is a major difference in front and rear brake pressure. Like if there was a bad leak. Of you have rear drum brakes they may need adjusting.

3/ Some master cylinders have a float in the reservoir to signal if the fluid level is low.

There may be more but there's a couple to check.

For a good laugh give pep boys in Rohnert park a call. Ask if they carry glass packs or cherry bombs.

I will be doing the piston rings for an rx7 in a sec here.

Im pretty sure you can get them to check on blinker fluid too.

My Napa guys are great as long as I give them the part number. Get a napa prolink account and you can take the person out of parts shopping.

For a good laugh give pep boys in Rohnert park a call. Ask if they carry glass packs or cherry bombs.

I will be doing the piston rings for an rx7 in a sec here.

Im pretty sure you cna get them to check on blinker fluid too.

:lol: ,,, don't forget ,,, more blinker fluid the better ! ,,, and don't foget rx-7's have 5 piston rings per piston and 3 piston's per engine :huh: ,,,

ollz

Here in Soviet Russia (Bozeman Montana) all of the auto parts stores are tragic, NAPA has the rice box equipment, O'Reillys are a bunch of confused Half Wits, and Carquest is the best, they actually know what they are talking about, but they all take 1 week plus to get anything out here. I usually shop online for the Datsun

I gotta say I work for the Best O'reilly's store. Our customer service is second to none. I get customers in EVERY SINGLE day complaining about the idiots and the zone and the complete piss poor attitudes at NAPA. I hired guys with their own "specialties" you might say. I got two guys that know old school muscle cars and carbs. (cuz i don't know shit hahahahah nah I do but i've just never dealt with many), one guy who knows imports (hondas and of course Datsuns), one guy who speaks spanish, and then I'm the "modified" suspension/ paint guy. You could never walk into the autozone here and expect to get ANY kind of quality service. Every time they call I give em shit because we end up having to look up parts for their customers hahahaha.

I gotta say I work for the Best O'reilly's store. Our customer service is second to none. I get customers in EVERY SINGLE day complaining about the idiots and the zone and the complete piss poor attitudes at NAPA. I hired guys with their own "specialties" you might say. I got two guys that know old school muscle cars and carbs. (cuz i don't know shit hahahahah nah I do but i've just never dealt with many), one guy who knows imports (hondas and of course Datsuns), one guy who speaks spanish, and then I'm the "modified" suspension/ paint guy. You could never walk into the autozone here and expect to get ANY kind of quality service. Every time they call I give em shit because we end up having to look up parts for their customers hahahaha.

I think your import guy needs a raise and/ or promotion. Word on the street is that he's very intelligent and extremely good looking.:D