Cody's Green 69 510 4-door

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have their drawbacks, you now have a steel bar to hit in an accident, steel bars can be harmonically conductive, aka noise intrusion, but i see the potential perks, firmed up rear body, harness supporting bar, roof support as being worth the drawback.

This. In a racecar, you're wearing a helmet. On the street, not so much. In a wreck that roll bar could do more damage to your head than you think. 

Makes sure it's padded. And near the headrest, padded really well. 

Assuming Cody has his harness setup properly, and wears it the correct way, his head shouldn't come near the rollbar.  But I guess anything could happen.

uber i would be more worried about the b pillar bar ... a side impact and you slap your head on it and your a bowl of mash potatoes with no thanksgiving to be at ...i have seen and been apart of crashes and like i said the 510 body is remarkably strong and alot of strength is in the pillars surprisingly...most cages on street cars end up being for show....i love 68 datsun's car and would love it with or with out the bar i am just more utilitarian...

i look at it this way for a 510 to require a roll bar or cage for this matter ... u got be doing some seriously dangerous/agressive road driving .. if its cuz race car,  even if on the weekends then cuz race car then cool ....but just cuz,  its more hindrance then necessity ...

im sure 68 doesn't have kids so doesn't see the need for additional seating...so we are just different that way ... me i would rather have access to the back seat then insurance in-case i drive off a cliff burt reynolds style...this cage is well buy ilt and pretty well layed out so its not a issue ... its what it is ... 68 wants a cage....all i was asking was did i miss the cuz racecar cause i read through the thread a couple times before and didn't remember mention of cuz race car.. that's it....

thats still one sick 4dr even if i cant climb in the back and relax for a ride ..68 sould be stoked hes got one hell of a datsun .....as do u uber....

for the record my main question was if codys intent with the car changed ... i thought it was a street car ....thats it ... its his car and a dope car . and i was just asking the rest of my bable is just my opinion which has proven to mean nothing and be taken for even less than that...lol...im 6-8 so i got to think about bars and shit being in my way when in a car...i dont wanna go mash potatoing up the front of codys

;car...lol

im not in any way discouraging or being harsh i just was asking .....

I have Schroeth rallye 4 belts, with a harness bar, the main hoop is up on the "step" where the back seat goes, everything is pretty much out of the way, but physics are a bitch. Belts or no belts, with a certain level of force, you can move way outside where you sit... But if your hit that hard in a 510...other issues come to mind... like car flying apart.

jrock is right, no kids, but the 510 is a pretty awful car for four people to sit in. Murricans are too damn tall!  Hahahaha

Btw thanks for all the positive comments =)

Fuck you CalTrans...

2013-01-21_16-43-23_448.jpg
2013-01-21_11-05-25_227.jpg

Could be worse, but that bump appeared overnight within one of those famous california "perpetual construction zones"... Cars were getting airborne off this thing...

Other than that, freshly fixed and oiled e-brake assembly, works like buttah!

And a valve adjustment/carb tune up, runs GREAT!

Just need stacks, filters, and a throttle linkage and I can move on to my next "phase"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They don't look like bad street tires anyways. They look much healthier on the laptop than they did on my phone.

I think I am going to order two of my new tires next paycheck, and then two more the following paycheck, then I will have them so when my current tires are done for I can simply get them mounted up and be good to go. Pretty sure I am going to go with Nitto Neogen's 205/50R15. I see no reason why they wouldn't fit on my swastika wheels if Z-car guys run 205/60R15's. I can't complain too much about a little extra meat on the road. ;) Cheaper than doing the Schwab thing again, albeit I will miss my roadside warranty. :(

They don't look like bad street tires anyways. They look much healthier on the laptop than they did on my phone.

I think I am going to order two of my new tires next paycheck, and then two more the following paycheck, then I will have them so when my current tires are done for I can simply get them mounted up and be good to go. Pretty sure I am going to go with Nitto Neogen's 205/50R15. I see no reason why they wouldn't fit on my swastika wheels if Z-car guys run 205/60R15's. I can't complain too much about a little extra meat on the road. ;) Cheaper than doing the Schwab thing again, albeit I will miss my roadside warranty. :(

Boaty FWIW I was running 205/55R15 on the front with Swastikas wheels so they should fit no problem.

Cody good price on the tires, where did you get them? I'd like to swap out the 205's I've got on the back.