Cody's Green 69 510 4-door

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grabbed an MSD 6A from a craigslist ad, guy had used it on his 71 Camaro, whole $80!

Had some wiring issues, i had assumed i should wire it up as a magnetic pickup distributor, when in fact, that doesnt work. At least with my frankenstein distributor. Wired it up like a pertronix setup, and it worked flawlessly!

20130413_175447.jpg
20130413_190544.jpg
20130413_121959.jpg

Fuel mileage seems improved immediately, starts easier, runs good!

Hey Cody, you need to cool your titties, yo. Too hot. TOO HOT!

That's what my SU's would do.. the fuel rail just boiled whatever was in the rail before it got dispersed to the carbs... touch the intake, enjoy your burn. Touch the carbs, mmm nice and cool. <3 Phenolic.

• 5 weeks later...

=( All my money is going to housing costs since the original arrangement has failed, I am now taking up the slack for the time being... was really hoping to have my LCA's/TC rods and coilovers by canby. I went from $2900 to $500 and dwindling. Back to paycheck to paycheck living for the time being.

I would, but washington.... No thanks. Lived there twice, I'm staying in Oregon.  I've had low and decent paying jobs here. The income tax was still lower than the sales taxes I was paying out living there, not to mention living in a smog area, blue book prices on getting title / tabs.. Meh!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Okay, so long time no post lol, decided to tackle making a new filler neck for the dime, old one was pissing fuel....

Things youll need,

240sx filler neck

1 7/8" OD to 2.25"ID exhaust reducer, 240 and 510 use diff diameter hose

3-OD-to-2-1-4-ID-Universal-Exhaust-Compo

2.25" ID curved tailpipe

turndowns.jpg

2.25" ID fuel hose

5/8" to 1/2" reducer for vent line, i used a copper pipe

T2eC16FHJIIE9qTYI4OBQ5d2y7sT60_35.jpg

1/2" ID fuel hose

hose clamps

Cut the filler neck pipe off just before the curve, trip the shroud around the cap area down to around 1/8" to 1/4", just enough removed to be able to fit it thru the hole from in the trunk to the gas door pocket.

Weld the reducer onto the filler neck like so.

20131218_163635.jpg

Rather complicated compared to some, but i holesawed the center out of the factory 510 fuel cap holder to match the OD of the filler neck just behind the shroud, i think cut the plate in half and used it as a sort of "split ring retainer" for the filler neck. stick filler thru the body, then half at a time slide the plate peices onto the filler and lock em down with the screws.

Now that the filler is secured in the body, cut the ends off the curved tailpipe so you have a useable slight bend peice that fits into the 2.25"ID fuel hose. Cut sections of the fuel tube to connect the filler to the intermediate section, then to the tank.

I used an exhaust expander to stretch the hose just a bit to be able to slide it over the exhaust expander welded to the filler, intermediate pipe had no issue.

The vent line on a 510 is 5/8", a 240SX is 1/2", use your reducer in the hoses and get it connected up. I went hose clamp crazy because im paranoid.

Thats the ridiculously short and simple explanation of how I did it...

Oics.

20131219_174121.jpg

20131219_174153.jpg

20131219_174845.jpg

20131220_133624.jpg

20131220_133655.jpg

20131220_133702.jpg

20131220_134817.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope you don't mind, I followed your link from FB, and posted your filler mod on these two posts:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55575-280-zx-fuel-filler-adapted-to-a-510-sedan/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58626-how-to-new-fuel-filler-mod-for-a-510/

I'm just trying to link all the different options together....

I love the car by the way. I lost track of this thread, but I'm catching back up!

Also, which cam did you put in?

Thanks

• Like 1

just curious if there is a reason to not just run rubber hose from the modded filler all the way to the fuel tank and eliminate the bent metal piece 

like john said  paint it and forget it looks good 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I hope you don't mind, I followed your link from FB, and posted your filler mod on these two posts:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55575-280-zx-fuel-filler-adapted-to-a-510-sedan/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/58626-how-to-new-fuel-filler-mod-for-a-510/

I'm just trying to link all the different options together....

I love the car by the way. I lost track of this thread, but I'm catching back up!

Also, which cam did you put in?

Thanks

No problem at all, feel free to share! Thanks for the compliments! The cam is a Cal Cams 27-D, nobody knows what it is lol

just curious if there is a reason to not just run rubber hose from the modded filler all the way to the fuel tank and eliminate the bent metal piece 

like john said  paint it and forget it looks good 

Im sure you could, but the angles are just so that unless its a flex hose, it will kink.