68 2 door 510 (talk about rare)

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha, doughnuts, I had an italian friend who called them bagels...

Jeff, I never really responded to why I didn't like the idea of raising the engine/x-member, or channeling the car in hot rod speak (or body dropping, in mini truck language). Well, after thinking about it, I don't really see any reason not do do it. Other than hood clearance, it would be a cool thing to do (just as long as you don't have to put a bump in the hood...SOOOOO ugly). Many unibody race cars are "channeled" in a similar way, but they mostly do it for aero reasons (any you can't call a 510 aerodynamic at all). So the only reason that you would be doing it would be for asthetic reasons. And I guess thats the only problem that I have with it. Such a big undertaking just for the look of the car is kinda silly. Do a dual a-arm front suspension before you channel it.

I think I'm going to modify my crossmember again, not really a channel just suck up some unused space :D I like my conversion now because it can still be unbolted and the stock suspension bolted back on. I really just want to improve the geometry, not that its that bad, but it could be better :D I want it to be like the datsport kit, fitting/handling kit. My s12 suspension is nice and I'm sure it performs just as well as stock just really tight :D I found a few places that carry custom racks that are nice and narrow. I could really improve my bump steer and have a quicker lock to lock. It will all be worth it if I can also raise the engine a bit. I think I will have my MegaSquirt going before I go back into the suspension though :D

BTW-I just shaved the side vents on my car, and painted the 1/4 windows and window frames black...hope they don't look to much alike!

NICE!!! I want to see a pic :D I don't mind at all, I actually think its cool :D Now all you need is the rising sun hood :D

Come on up here and race Ray's 260Z :D

Something tells me that Z is fast :D What boost are you guys running on it? if its above stock I may not have a chance :( I will still give it my best :D

Jeff, we should get some people together and do a track day at Pacific Raceways. Get a few 1/4 mile runs in. I've never done that before and I'd like to see how good I can do compared to what a professional can get out of a 350Z stock. :D ...and to see if you can beat a VQ
Deal :D I would be cool to have the quarter mile time in my window with shoe polish :D

2eDeYe;27744']That could be fun. Rides all around for everyone. :cool:

Jeff' date=' how much was that Stage 3 clutch?[/quote']

We could just pile everyone in and do one ride :D haha it would be really low then :D

My Exedy clutch cost me 420$ :eek: worth every penny! Shit a crappy shucks clutch runs about 150 these days...... I have slipped it a few times on accident, it doesn't even phase it!

NICE!!! I want to see a pic :D I don't mind at all, I actually think its cool :D Now all you need is the rising sun hood :D

I have a friend that I auto-x with and I'm going to have him do a rising sun on the roof!!

Hey Icehouse, how did you do the rising sun bonnet on your car? Is it painted or did you cut up a big sticker?

I'm interested in doing it on my 610sss, as it's also white and the paint isnt fabtastic on my bonnet anyway.

Hainz did if for me, its rattle can :D

I have a friend that I auto-x with and I'm going to have him do a rising sun on the roof!!

Sweet dude! I can't wait to see pics of it :D

So I was driving down the free at insane speeds!!! Out from under the car in front of me a semi mud flap flew out and smacked the front of my rig :( The sound made it seem like the front of my car was gone!! It turned out to only crack my fancy headlight and distort my air dam a bitt....... O well life goes on.....

2eDeYe;28079'']Damn that sux. I watched a car ahead of me drop almost it's entire exhaust system. All that was holding it on was the rear hanger....scary stuff :eek:

That used to be me back when my side pipe was held up by hose clamps. The rusty 4 door was so low I ripped off the side pipe countless time.... Fun times :D

didja keep the mudflap as a souvenier?

No... I would have 2 if I did, last year on the way to shasta the same thing happened!! Maybe I follow to close... :rolleyes:

Dude!

Thats what I said!

hay me two but i am sure mine will be different

The more the merrier :D

I was thinking about that the other day while on the freeway. You're always getting hit by stuff and that has never happened to me.

Were you also tailgating a semi? ...you left out some details

I was actually behind a car funny enough... I think its payback for all the stuff that has fallen off my work truck ;)

pl510sss68.jpg

Besides your watch

I always thought 68 and 69 gauge clusters were the same... The dash just had a few differences.

Do you want to sell the clock?

I always thought 68 and 69 gauge clusters were the same... The dash just had a few differences.

Do you want to sell the clock?

1968 gauge cluster is different.

It has the brake light test button, something like that.

1969 doesn't have it.

If you we're local, I'll show case my rare parts collection.

Maybe, I'll post some pix

Little known fact: some datsun parts are worth more then gold.

to some people anyways :D

Are any of these worth in gold? :rolleyes:

nos018.jpg

nos024.jpg

nos023.jpg

nos026.jpg

nos027.jpg

nos033.jpg

nos030.jpg

nos029.jpg

nos022.jpg

nos016.jpgnos013.jpgnos011.jpg

nos012.jpg

521-sss023.jpg

This is just part of my collection.

I'm sure there's many of you has more collectibles than I do.

I'm just trying to catch up.

Are any of these worth in gold? :rolleyes:

nos018.jpg

nos024.jpg

nos023.jpg

nos026.jpg

nos027.jpg

nos033.jpg

nos030.jpg

nos029.jpg

nos022.jpg

nos016.jpgnos013.jpgnos011.jpg

nos012.jpg

521-sss023.jpg

This is just part of my collection.

I'm sure there's many of you has more collectibles than I do.

I'm just trying to catch up.

Do you have a 68? Or are you planning on getting one? You sure have an amazing collection of parts!

those are indeed worth gold!

I agree! Shit...

So I've been reading up on megasquirt again...... I've decided to put it on my 68 since it needs it way more than my truck. Later I will get another on for it :D I picked up a cheap labtop from a dude in Puyallup 175$ for everything dock car adapter and home adapter. I would highly recomend him to anyone looking for a cheap laptop, lets just say the visit to his "office" is priceless :D

I was having trouble hooking my MS to it using the cereal cable. Mark (tiltnoise) just happened to call while I was in the middle of it. He was helping me get it figured out, we decide to go into bios and BAM! password requird:eek: Dam PC's can be a bitch, this is all I have to say to them :fu: hehe. I going to call the dude I bought if from in a bit and get the password since he installed windows on it. I need a break anyways :D I've been trying to get it hooked up for at least 2 hours :confused: Thanks for trying to help me mark :D I want to post a pic off all my crap linked together, it looks cool :D Maybe I will :D

Do you have a 68? Or are you planning on getting one? You sure have an amazing collection of parts!

/quote]

That's the sad part, I don't have a 68 just YET.

My first 510 was a 68, then got one again by accident and it was a clean 4 door then sold it.

After that, I caught the "Rare Datsuns" fever not just Datsun fever.

Its worst,

I know there's a guy that has a few here in Northern California that beaten me on ebay time to time for rare parts. Besides Datsun socal that has unlimited budget.

Oh wait, I do have this.

It is a 68 Datsun 1300 (JDM)

But I'm sad that I can't import it here in US.

It's a long story. :( :mad:

pl510-088806_datsun021.jpg

If I were you, be glad that you have one.

Not the other way around like me.

I'm still consider about the clock.

Will let you know.

Also I got many bits and pieces for 68 if your missing parts unique for that car.