Canby 2011

sick620

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that bad, i went in 09. It was a blast, tho we got in trouble. Last year, people had a good time, and from what i can tell it went ok? Shoot canby 09 justin fell on pumpkins high bike and f'ed up his hand.

and thats part of the reason for the no bike rule now.

Quit whining. It's about datsuns!!! Plenty of bbqs throughout the year! Home coming for me. I'm just exited to go too! Surely there will be a fallsview session!!!!! All robots will be attending. Remember to be safe at canby.so plenty of safety meetings.

• Like 1

Quit whining. It's about datsuns!!!

word. enough bitching you guys are getting all hyped up that theres nothing allowed but sitting in your tent.

the no booze has ALWAYS been a rule (even though it got bent a little bit)

along with no dogs has always been a rule.

these are not rules set up by Datsuns NW these are rules set up by the fairgrounds.

Surely there will be a fallsview session!!!!!

well yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah :rolleyes:

theres no rule that says you cant show up drunk :lol:

the bike rule is from the fairgrounds. because bikes scare horses which used to be a bigger deal there. and rocket scientists riding in crowds and hurting people. in this litigious society you always go for the deep pockets which you would think would be the county fairgrounds. except the are not supported by the county. all money comes from partial motel taxes and money from events. one good lawsuit and they are done. the dog thing is people do not clean up after there dogs. i do not want to rent a facility and step in dogshit because some a-hole couldn't be bothered to pick it up.also believe it or not some people do not like dogs sniffing their crotch. or even being near them. both times i have been bitten by a dog it had never bitten anyone before.

Guest DatsuNoob

The bike thing really had little, if anything at all to do with me falling off of one. I dont remember anyone filing a complaint with the fairgrounds or any stink being made about it. Just another broken bone and something dumb I did when I was drunk, happens all the time :rolleyes: so quit making assumptions and shifting blame that I'm the reason for such stringent venue rules :fu:

NO ANIMALS at all in the Fairgrounds. Not even if you leave them in your car, they will not let you drive in with a pet.

...and then next door they do a dog show on the Fairgrounds

...and then the horses on the other side :lol:

Completely agree. Makes me not excited about going being a first timer.

It's not that bad, just use some common sense and plastic cups ;)

I actually had no idea that bicycles scared horses. Anyway, I suppose as long as there's a little bending of the rules allowed it should be okay. And yes, I suppose we are whining a bit. ;) But I'm the decider, I wanted to whine! Strategery! Boy, does anyone miss the epic fails of Bush's speech now that he's gone? :rofl" No, that tangent had nothing to do with Canby.

actually Noob. i worked at the fairgrounds for 4 years. the policy was in force for along time before any of us have been going to canby.back in the day it was supported by the farming and horse community .while i feel some of the rules are strange"no dogs"while you rent space to dog shows. of course they clean up after their dogs. no bikes but host a yearly event for the Portland wheelmen which brings hundreds of bike riders to the fairgrounds.i always thought the no bike thing was unneccesary. then i went to P.I.R. last thursday for the swapmeet. there were people riding skateboards,bikes,golfcarts,scooters motorcycles etc. it was bedlam. it was a wonder nobody was hurt?

i wanna know about this canby thinga majigger. i know a car show from the threads and posts. but what kinda car show is it. and where is this being held. lol.

This "thinga majigger" you ask about would be THE LARGEST gathering of Datsuns on the Pacific Coast. It is a swap meet, car show and overall confab of Datsun heads from the West Coast. It is held at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby, Oregon. Quite a drive or us (I see you are from San Bernardino, a stones throw from me ;) ) about 1,010 miles, give or take.

I live in Upland and I will be going to Canby, Im thinking about driving. Anyone else from SoCal going?

I would love to, but...for me as of late, its either money or its time. I have money, and no time to buy parts or install them. The plan is to have the 610 ready for JCCS.

This "thinga majigger" you ask about would be THE LARGEST gathering of Datsuns on the Pacific Coast. It is a swap meet, car show and overall confab of Datsun heads from the West Coast. It is held at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby, Oregon. Quite a drive or us (I see you are from San Bernardino, a stones throw from me ;) ) about 1,010 miles, give or take.

sweet. wish i could take the time off to go. damn thats a hell of a drive.

400 for you Mike, but you get to go through the scenic, pretty West coast. I get to go through Tri-Shitties! Hot, flat, and ugly. But at least once I get on the Oregon border it starts getting nicer. ;) I'm only 368, thought it was farther than that!