My GOON UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

Any experienced body guys around? need some extra work i need a hood smoothed out :D

I don't know if he would be willing but contact 620kevin, he does body work and lives up in Woodland, Wa. don't hurt to ask. :unsure:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got my rear seat pan back from the powdercoat still gotta put the botttom half together once my foam gets here did it up in a wrinkle black next on my list is carpeting and installing my seat belts. I managed to save all the stock viynl which is in great condition just needed a good cleaning and getting rid of that horse hair padding crap, and stuffing it with more modern high density foam.

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

you'll laugh when I tell you this and since I'm a hotrodder at heart, I tend to hoard shit I think might be cool some day. Those louvers are from the back panel of a old 50's era Maytag dryer that I actually used till I couldnt get a motor for once it died. So part of my cool old Maytag clothes dryer lives on in my datto hood! :cool:

love it or hate it. the hood is not the best anyways so I decided to add some rust! :blink:

2010-10-03152304.jpg

2010-10-03160618.jpg

I rusted it using a mixture of vinegar and bleach then i shot some laquer clear over it its kinda got a bronze sheen to it.

I love it...makes it have a patina look to it...thumbs up over here..!! :D

:rofl:

:thumbup:

hood, looking good!

ive seem similar styled vents in stainless steel @ marine stores(west marine, etc)

I have too. I knew the hood was shit to begin with so I had the rust idea in mind for a long time and SS just doesn't rust well LOL

at first I thought your hood was wood grain and I was all like "HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME". then I read it was rust and said "HOLY CRAP THAT IS NOT AKIN TO MY TASTE". That being said I am not trying to hate; this is your car, I was just a little sad because a flat green car with a wood grain hood would have been the coolest car ever am I right? I like the hood though very in tune with Ratsun

• 2 months later...

The lsd, I made fit. Its way tight though, I gotta shim it open so it will actually "limit slip" lol. The Roadster and wagon diffs are the same as far as I know. This particular lasd was made for a 4.88 or numerically higher ratio

Oh ok. Thanks. Nobody knows much about roadsters. Someone should get one and take it apart on the forum. Then Ship me the U20 I need.

lol only people ive actually met on this sight is beebani(cause he lives like 3 blocks away) slodat,fastdad,yellow620,skib,69fjwagon, thats it really ;)

blink.giftwofinger_salute.gif

What was the issue with it not wanting to idle right? Glad you finally figured it out.

Not sure how I missed this either.

Digg'n the sway bar....AND THE HOOD IS KILLER!!!!!!!