My GOON UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

do you have an ac shop near by? if so go in and ask them for a roll of press-tight shouldnt cost much its used to insulate ac lines but its water tight so it works well for making gaskets as well

heres a link

http://www.gsistore.com/prestite-pt1-tap.html

i think this is the stuff (not sure got mine from my dads shop) but you cut it and it should feel rubbery and boogery

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool i might have to try it wagon gaskets are weird though their meant to seal around the body and the lens housing & lens all at once.

Did you try Big Mike at datsunland so cal. I think he might have them.

Last time I checked he didnt . I can't get on his sight now I keep getting internal error messages.

Yea the last time I talked to him he said someone hacked his site. :angry:

so i,m trying to remember to take pic of things i do to put up on the sight. So i took a pic of my home brewed hatch vents not sure if i like them much but my stock ones were busted up. And since their about impossible to find (not broken) or very expensive i brewed these up for the hell of it.

DSC00163.jpg

Now i notice my really bad maskin job i did too!! lol i do plan on removing the emblems and cleaning the paint off them too but thats for another time. so is painting the rest of the interior.

• Like 1

Man, it looks great...one thing at a time. It's got a cool WWII vibe....the rear door vents add to it. Maybe a few more "brewed" up parts to match...a few bullet holes...maybe a few little "H" (Honda :P )stickers under the drivers window...or low on the fender.

I like it... :cool:

Its funny cause when i started this project the first thing i did was paint it olive drab. seems like ever since then everone else painted theirs the same! ohh well once i get it on the road and get the kinks ironed out i will have a TURBO KA olive drab goon! I actually plan on doing a whole (real) paint scheme like this with a flattened clear coat. but for now the rattle can works for that ratsun look. The car was (or is) a big project, so one thing at a time keeps me from not getting to carried away and losing interest.

The mounts I made won't work with a dohc motor they sit different that a sohc. Yes I do make disc brake brackets for wagons only. I might bring the goon to canby on a trailer sat and I have a few wilwood brackets made up.

• 3 weeks later...

so my ritard slow build continues. for most of us cheap bastards we come up with creative ways to get around certain problems. Well one problem for me was a front sway bar. With the KA swap, or any swap with a front sump pan, the stock sway bar can no longer be used. This is my solution and is a very cheap alternative. Rather it works well, I can't say, but I'm giving it a whirl. I removed the torsion bars from a 620 truck and the splined ends that have the C clips machined into them. I cut all the ends off the tubes,and cut them to length,and cleaned them all up. I bought some 7/8 (22mm)greasable sway bar bushings, and I got the bar all tacked up in the front of my goon with a few drop spacers/mounts for clearance around the T/C rod brackets those will get welded to the chassis. I then welded a peice of small pipe to the splined tubes and split them so they will clamp down tight with a pinch bolt. so far thats as far as i got. I have made a template for my arms that go to the lower a arms, which will be 3/8 steel, and I will make my own adjustible end links with a few more stock bushings and a 3/8 rod end for adjustment. now for pics :)

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

pictures, for the picture nazis!

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

My 205 60 15 tires just touch the arms at full lock i think once i drop to a 195 (which i need to anyway) it wont touch. Total cost for this for me was just under 100 bucks and I have the cad drawing for the arms still in case anyone else is interested. as for now its untested i have to redo my tc rods so i can get some caster into the car.