My GOON UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

I blocked off the idle air control stuff. Funny part is, I hooked it all up on my brothers toyota we put a ka in, and it all works fine. So I tried hooked it up on my car and rewired it bitch still don't work right! So I am clueless at this point on how that whole IACV system works. Mine just hangs open and creates a massive internal intake leak and its clean as a whistle! I don't get it.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got me a little love day gift in the mail today. A giant roll of carpet!! 4 yards, 72 inches wide so i wont have any seems!! very tricky to lay carpet in one peice I must admit. here is my progess pics so far. I'm gonna cut it all to shape then glue it all down. Anybody recommend a good spray glue? that 3M stuff is shit.

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

yes I'm gonna carpet up over the wheel wells I never liked that wrinkly viynl stuff

wow...good job on the build....

I'd like more info on that rear end set up.

that rear end set up is CRAP :poop:... it will never work! :rofl:

Just kidding I have driven this wagon and it works good and a wagon with an LSD is even better... side ways in the family wagon is AWESOME!!!

Clayton

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='16 February 2011 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1297916610' post='429370']

Love the hood :cool:

What's the blue padding?

Closed cell foam. The mat deading material is only good for vibration. the foam is used to keep all the high frequency noise out of the cabin. But it doesnt work very well when ya got loud exhaust and windows that clang, bang around still. LOL!!! Soon as uncle sam gives me back some of my damn money I'm gonna take care of that too! :D

Do you think the blue stuff would work better the let's say a rhino line or the quite car stuff?

Closed Cell Foam (CCF) is full of little pockets of air, which stops the high end sound. That is all it does. The tar or other heavy stuff is to stop the vibration of panels. Basically you need to cover panels about 25% with vibration dampener, and then cover the whole panel in CCF to stop the sounds.

Do some reading here: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi