My GOON UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got my rear bumper hammered out had do do a little filler work on it so its black to match the front. Its canby or die now!!

IMG_20110529_163312.jpg

IMG_20110529_163327.jpg

IMG_20110529_163321.jpg

I like you 510.

• 2 weeks later...

what kind of headlights are you using.i have a 72 521 truck and would like some brighter kights myself.

they are the h4 conversions for a hl510 i bought em off ebay. they do work well i wouldnt say their great but better than the stock 40 year old lights.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, I just visited my brother and sister in Monmouth and we drove through Independence everyday. I shoulda hit you up to hang out!

I'm thinking of moving up there... What's the job market like? And how strict is OR on modified cars? I absolutely LOVED how many old cars and trucks are still rolling around up there!

Before you mount that motor test fit a sr20det,and a ka24 make all the mounts and start selling them,I will be first in line,I can do the work but I'm not a fabricator.good work

Damn, I just visited my brother and sister in Monmouth and we drove through Independence everyday. I shoulda hit you up to hang out!

I'm thinking of moving up there... What's the job market like? And how strict is OR on modified cars? I absolutely LOVED how many old cars and trucks are still rolling around up there!

Yea ya shoulda! its nice around here. The Job market is typical small town, your gonna have to commute to the larger citys if ya wanna make any money. As far as I know their is no restrictions with modifyed cars, I know we dont have to smog cars here. and housing is pretty cheap right now.

It works way better than I expected. Honestley I thought it would be way to much, but it seems good. I only got 200lb springs up front. you can really feel the chassis stiffen up when ya get into a corner hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Kinda, I did it for hooking up my BMW lights. Except with those, they dont have high beams in addition, that that is ok.

Headlight%252520wiring.jpg

Red/Black is low beam ground

Red/White is high beam ground

You should be able to just run the Bulb connectors in place of the one shown.

If you need any further description, feel free to ask. I can make a new diagram for low/high with the proper colors, or for a different headlight setup.

Thanks fellas its been pretty much daily driven and I havent had a single issue yet. Sometimes I get a clicky starter which I think I need to put a relay on the starter circuit. And theirs a super annoying buzzing rattle coming from the haych or roof, not sure which but its hella annoying!

@Jesusno2

Nice wagon! The flat olive drab is bad ass, gives it a crazy urban assault look. Those RBs are also a great choice imo, especially with the polished lip. I did have a question about the engine, I've been thinking about what engine to swap into my wagon as a little bit of an upgrade from the stock L16. I've noticed that you have a 12 valve KA24e, which seems to be the swap of choice for many people, but I've been lead to believe that the 16 valve KA24de is a better motor and was wondering if you had some insight into how the 12 valve runs and its reliability. I really want to go for a KA24de n/a just because it makes more torque than the n/a SRs. Any personal insight would be a great help! Your wagon is kick-ass!

Well the single cams are cheap. I traded a l20 for this ka and bought another blown up ka for the harness intake etc. Did a quick re ring job and hand lapped the valves, with new guides, and valve seals timing chain etc. I like the torque of the single cam, and its just less moving parts. The 16v is a great motor also it just delivers its power differently. Either engine you decide on is your choice. I just kinda had the single cam stuff fall in my lap so I went with it. If you plan to keep it N/A then the single cam is a pretty easy swap wiring wise, if you plan on turbo charging etc its kinda a pain with the fairly primitive ecu, but it can be done. Maybe this summer I will have the money to put some boost to this engine, but right now I just drive it.