210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you all for your comments! spirits of giving me move forward with my project.

My plans are to restore this car but has a touch of my personality!

To clean the engine was necessary to remove the rest of the car because it had a huge amount of oil leaks everywhere.

I had to put all new gaskets and then wash all gasoline powered and wire brush as the oil layer was too thick with dust!

Still have too much detail I should gradually fix such as windshield glass (the original is broken), the dash (just remove it for repair as it is full of cracks), and some other minor details.

Thanks for your feedback! and as soon as it advances in the project is the show you! ....

Ahhhhh almost forgot @ King bee66 that 710 is of Mexican manufacturing so it has some aesthetic changes to the 710 as American as are the bumpers (the smaller Mexican) and front grille. Here in Mexico, its original name is 160J

There is a ongoing discussion here about whether or not the small bumpers on the late 510 models could be made to fit b310s. In theory the 2 cars are the same width. Ive seen many pictures of late 510s in Mexico with these bumpers. If you could find them it might be worth trying. Unless you like the stock bumpers that you already have.

There is a ongoing discussion here about whether or not the small bumpers on the late 510 models could be made to fit b310s. In theory the 2 cars are the same width. Ive seen many pictures of late 510s in Mexico with these bumpers. If you could find them it might be worth trying. Unless you like the stock bumpers that you already have.

I bought the fiberglass ones from Japan

• 2 weeks later...

935427_10200692014518390_1933822158_n.jp

This is Little D.  It's my "new" 1979 210 A14 manual.  Yep, there's a ding on the door, which means I have to work pretty hard to shut the door well enough to stop the warning buzzer.  There're a few small dings around the front.  The interior looks like the previous owner locked a very large very angry cat inside for a couple hours.  The suspension is shot, the brakes almost so.  It has a new muffler, a new sound system (stealth in and under the glove box) with Yellow Top battery.  The wheels are 13" but they look amazing.  It has a moonroof that doesn't leak.  Little D is ready for some upgrades! 

Thank you, guys.  I just wish my imagination would open up and show me what to do with it. My head, like I mentioned, is too full of ideas - comfort daily driver/lowered tricked-out badass/autocross supertuner/rally dirtrunner/ sleeper drag monster, the list goes on.  Aaaargh.  It does have a few (hopefully) minor issues.  The idle gets a bit moody on occasion and threatens to stall, but never does.  Since I know almost nothing about cars, I'm not sure what that means.  The interior really needs a replacement.  I can't decide whether to find and drop in some really nice Recaro/Sparco-type seating or to go with a custom reupholster (whether budget-friendly or luxury), and - depending on what I decide to do with the car - whether to leave it with a back seat or put in a roll cage and make it a two-seater.  And don't even get me started on the body... sheesh.  Brain. Too. Full.  Somebody stop me!  LOL  As suggested, I'll start a Project thread with lots of pictures soon, then I'll be begging for feedback and ideas.  :-)

oooo i wanna do what you did to mine. you have a sexy bitch, i love those shoes. i you any pic's of your tranny tunnel before & after.

210052_zpsbbd6eb86.jpg

This is my mod to the trans tunnel, sits back about 5.25" from the stock location.