210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ya got real lucky with those.    still dont have any tunes in the car as of yet.   I will NOT cut that dash up. bought it NOS for  $40  cant really put it under the glove box   AC will be going there   :thumbup:

ya got real lucky with those.    still dont have any tunes in the car as of yet.   I will NOT cut that dash up. bought it NOS for  $40  cant really put it under the glove box   AC will be going there   :thumbup:

I can't find a pic of the exact one I bought, but they make small HD receivers that you could fit into the radio delete plate. You can then run this to a standard headunit placed someplace else like under the passenger seat. No cds unfortunately (unless you're clever with the mounting) but separate cables can be run for USB and Audio in etc... All the channel control is then through the small receiver. I have mine under the glovebox and will have the same problem when I get around to installing the AC.

The HD receivers look something like this:

9959_zps76261230.jpg

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat with no tunes.  I was thinking of using my phone as the source with a headphone jack to RCA adapter plugged into a 2 channel amp but i'm not sure about sound quality.  I guess i could take that cable out to my wife's car and plug it into her amp and see how it sounds?

I was thinking of using my phone as the source with a headphone jack to RCA adapter plugged into a 2 channel amp but i'm not sure about sound quality. 

It's a Datsun. Sound quality is never going to be great.  :rofl:

I installed a 1/8" input jack into the stock AM radio so I can play my ipod through it. Works a treat.   :thumbup:

Stock radio into a new (slightly bigger, definitely better quality) dash speaker sounds better than you might think, although everything is in mono instead of stereo...   :lol:

It's a Datsun. Sound quality is never going to be great. :rofl:

I installed a 1/8" input jack into the stock AM radio so I can play my ipod through it. Works a treat. :thumbup:

Stock radio into a new (slightly bigger, definitely better quality) dash speaker sounds better than you might think, although everything is in mono instead of stereo... :lol:

I found a NOS Datsun Clarion AM/FM radio for my 210 with a 5-pin DIN so I could strip in an aux plug for my iPod. I only have back dash speakers, not the best, but they still sound pretty decent.