Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Kiro Tech, berry nice. I see that you have 5 lugs swap all the way around your car. Any more info or build tread on your ride.

Well my project is in progress, I'm building the car to be used as a street drag car, I've got a 9“ ford rear end, 4 piston calipers aerospace components brakes all around, adjustable coil overs and t3 camber plates up front, holeshot wheels 15x4 & 15x8 rears. I will be building an sr20ve rwd with itbs to go with it, right now I'm in the process of putting it back together and making the engine mounts at the crossmember. I will load up some more pictures in the weeks to come.

For anyone who is interested I just posted an owner's manual and service manual for a 1981 210. Thread found here: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/49640-1981-datsun-210-manual-pdfs/

Also, finally got the emblems I made on my car. I'm still replacing things and as soon as I get the radio and wheel caps on (I had to get other rims to fit the wheel caps so I have to change out the tires) I'll post some photos. Meanwhile here's what the emblems I made look like on the car.

qtr_panel.jpg

oh so this is what rust free looks like. beautiful

oh so this is what rust free looks like. beautiful

Haha! Yeah. In my 24 years of owning the car only one rust spot had to be fixed. I'm still trying to figure out where that came from as he spent most of his life in the burning heat of San Bernardino hence the reason I've been replacing all the plastic pieces inside the car. My resto is nearly done. Will be taking all around shots in the next week or two.

As promised here are pics after my restoration. After 24 years of ownership I'm finally able to give Stanley the love he deserves. This mostly involved replacing broken plastic parts in the interior and upholstery. Sorry there aren't any before photos but I started my resto before I was a ratsun member and it never occurred to me to take before shots. If you imagine sun faded paint, seats that are torn with hardly any cushion, dirty carpet, cracked dash, dirty rims with plastic hub caps you have an idea of the before. And now here's the after. New paint, new upholstery, carpet, headliner, visors, new/old dash & glove box, new back dash, new taillights, new door weatherstripping, the 1/4 panel emblems I made, rims cleaned and painted, the coveted wheel caps cleaned, painted and polished, new old stock radio wired for iPod usage, still working on getting the shift knob replaced and keep forgetting to finish sanding the rearview mirror but here you are. Enjoy!

DSCN0517_sm.jpg

DSCN0515_sm.jpg

DSCN0518_sm.jpg

DSCN05301_sm.jpg

DSCN0525_sm.jpg

DSCN0520_sm.jpg

DSCN05291_sm.jpg

DSCN0541_sm.jpg

DSCN0540_sm.jpg

DSCN0539_sm.jpg

DSCN0542_sm.jpg

DSCN0547_sm.jpg

DSCN0546_sm.jpg

DSCN0548_sm.jpg

DSCN0544_sm.jpg

DSCN0550_sm.jpg

DSCN0555_sm.jpg

DSCN0551_sm.jpg

• Like 3
I'm happy that went to a good home, buy way I had a center console for you, about month ago somebody stole my civic and the console was in the truck. They haved fond my car :(. It was same color of your int.

That's cool. I actually found a couple of those and had them painted brown as well. Surprised you found something brown. Everything I find is blue or black.

Very nice.

I see my window latches now look better than ever

th_DSCN0550_sm.jpg

Yes! I had them painted as well when I had the dash pieces painted. I'm sooo happy you actually had a set. Those are very hard to find. I've only recently gotten my hands on an extra set (black). Pulled them off the same car I pulled the rims and wheel caps. Also took all the glass.

Thank you both in helping Stanley come together!

I love your car, but you need to clean up that shift knob.  ;)

Haha! I know! I've got a new one but having a little trouble making it work. Ordered the part number Nissan gave me. Looking at that knob is like looking at a booger in somebody's nose. Nice face but there's this small obstruction ruining the view.

Haha! I know! I've got a new one but having a little trouble making it work. Ordered the part number Nissan gave me. Looking at that knob is like looking at a booger in somebody's nose. Nice face but there's this small obstruction ruining the view.

Could always see if an upholstery shop could cover it in some thin leather/vinyl? Some of the high end European cars, and a few upscale GM products, have done this for ages.

Might class it up a bit.  B)

Something like this:

a2079151355a3eb6ffdaf_m.jpg