210's UNITE!!!!!!!!!

Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

finally got the emblems i created back. since 210 side panel emblems are hard to come by i created a 3d file in maya and had it printed on a 3d plastic printer. got them vacuum metallized in chrome. and here's the result!

before

printed.jpg

after

210emblems_done.jpg

• Like 2

finally got the emblems i created back. since 210 side panel emblems are hard to come by i created a 3d file in maya and had it printed on a 3d plastic printer. got them vacuum metallized in chrome. and here's the result!

before

printed.jpg

after

210emblems_done.jpg

Those look great!

• Like 1

Where do I order!?

I had these done as a favor basically from a friend who's a fabricator on the large scale (which is why it took 3 months to get them). He was having some projects chromed and threw these in so it didn't cost me anything. If any of you want to have some printed do a search in your neck of the woods for "3D printer service" and tell them you have a Maya .stl file. I'll be more than happy to send any of you the file I created to have printed. I paid $30 per print so you have an idea of what it cost. Just know that after it's printed on the 3D printer there's a bit of prep work involved to get it ready for painting. It doesn't come out smooth so you'll have to spend some time sanding it down. Once you're done painting it or whatever you're going to do with it just hit it with a hair dryer so it's a bit flexible to form to the curve of the 1/4 panel. If none of you have ever heard or seen 3D plastic printing check out this video. If you want the file hit me up with your email addy and I'll send it to you. If I figure out a place to put it for download I'll provide a link. If I decide some day to relearn how to cast from molds I'll make a bunch of these but for now I can offer up the file to have printed from.

http://cnn.com/video...-3d-printer.cnn

what part of portland?

I am not too familiar with Portland, I was just down there with my wife visiting her little sister. BUT, what I do know is that we were only a couple blocks away from the VooDoo Donuts store on NE davis st. We were walking there and I almost fainted when I saw it. My wife and her sister couldn't figure out what I was so excited about :)

apparently our 210 wagons were called "sunny californias" in japan. mildly interesting...

Indeed! Most of theirs were "vans" not "wagons". I love the vans, the Japanese dudes love the wagons (always want what you didn't get :wub: ).

Japanese van:

datdawagon.jpg

Note the more upright rear glass and slim vertical tail lights compared to what we got (also called a "sportroof" wagon in Japan).

Finally got around to installing my mirrors, i think i did good with the placement. They align nicely with zero blind spots but i'm not sure about the type of mirror I installed. They seem a little tall for such a little car. What do you guys think?

IMG_1089_zps69f429a7.jpg

IMG_1088_zps49aa2a96.jpg

Posted under Project Datto by mistake. Story and Pictures of my 1980 210 or 150Y? or B310 or Sunny?

For an East Coast - Southern Car it is super clean. 80K two owner, original paint, never even had the bumpers tweaked, spare has never been out!

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46815-1980-datsun-210-310-120y-sunny-pretty-solid-survior/

photobucket-25831-1340054253231.jpg

photobucket-26201-1340054255746.jpg

photobucket-39495-1349119416487.jpg

photobucket-1475-1349119419338.jpg

photobucket-23946-1346531922451.jpg

2012-08-29_13-11-15_141.jpg

2012-08-29_08-43-47_207.jpg

2012-08-29_08-24-29_95.jpg

I don't have a 210 anymore, but I thought I would share a couple pictures of the 1st new car my wife and I bought together. It was a 1982 210. We didn't have much money then and even living in Arizona, we couldn't afford the A/C, so instead I tinted the windows pretty dark. I think the purchase price new was $4495. :thumbup:

Anyway, here are a couple pictures I scanned!

210-1.jpg

210-2.jpg