Capital15

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

New here. Just pulled my 210 out of the barn yesterday. The sun was setting so i snapped a few shots with my phone. 

210front_zps49bdc7c8.jpg

210driverside_zps2e8cc399.jpg

I've got one cracked rear side marker, so I'm thinking about just 'shaving' them off.

210rear_zps847f9c2b.jpg

• Like 1

I've actually got a set of rear sidemarkers for sale on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1982-Datsun-210-B310-Rear-Sidemarkers-/300921419756?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A210&hash=item46105077ec&vxp=mtr

auction ends in 3 days but somebody's got their eye on it. i've got it as a buy it now so no bidding if you want them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Start by getting it running in more or less stock trim. Everyone comes here saying they are doing an SR swap. If you don't know where to begin then don't start. Get it running and enjoy it first. These gennerally get towed somewhere, have the motor and running gear pulled and then they loose interest and it gets scrapped.  Ask yourself these questions.

Do I have a safe secure garage with room?

Do I have tools including a welder? Fabricating experience?

Do I have any experience swapping a Datsun motor?

Do I have the time? At least several months with money, more if less.

Do I have a job or several thousand dollars not including the motor and transmission to put into this?

Do I have a family or worse a g/f?

Any one answered negative increases the chance of failure by 3X, a g/f is 10X

• Like 2

Start by getting it running in more or less stock trim. Everyone comes here saying they are doing an SR swap. If you don't know where to begin then don't start. Get it running and enjoy it first. These gennerally get towed somewhere, have the motor and running gear pulled and then they loose interest and it gets scrapped.  Ask yourself these questions.

Do I have a job or several thousand dollars not including the motor and transmission to put into this?

Oh c'mon now all gf's are not bad. I'm the one dragging the bf around to the junkyards and babying my 210. He understands that I probably love my 210 more than him. God bless him for tolerating it :)

• Like 1

I know and understand that this will be a slow project and I will not be able to give it my complete attention for a while, but once I start something I'm not going to give up that easily.  I know some about the swap and my dad knows even more about things like this than I do, so I'll be borrowing his help from time to time.  But still, this is going to be my first resto/swap so it will definitely be a learning experience for me. Also, if I ever do seem to run into any snags along the way, I know a guy at a shop that can help me out a little as well.