skunks 510

skunk

saturn alt swap is done,

all thats left is brake lights, front turn signals and the air boxs for the su carbs.

then i get to look at the brakes and see if i can bend the exhaust away from the rear diff so it stops making all that noise.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks, i had to rock the rising sun some were on the car, just didnt want to do the same old same old this time.

wait till you see my ratty ass air filters lol. i like them im sure some will say wtf and shake there heads but all i have to say is :fu:

so i know there are some of you that are going to hate this and to that, oh well :rolleyes: . this is my car not yours.

The welding on the pipes is slopy but its my first time welding and no one showed me how to use the welder so iv just been winging it. I do plan to re make these at some point when i have the right tools and some more skill but they will do for now. they are not %100 done yet, im going to grind down some of the welds and re do them and paint the pipes.May even get a shorter filter so i can use a hood scoop.Also going to drill a hole in the pipe so i have plug the over flow lines into the pipe.

but this is how it is for now, its ratty some may even say trashy but i like it.

and it only cost me like $40 to make them.

29535_414298064448_510019448_4105617_6944935_n.jpg

29535_414298079448_510019448_4105618_2047352_n.jpg

29535_414298084448_510019448_4105619_5761605_n.jpg

29535_414298089448_510019448_4105620_6078265_n.jpg

29535_414298094448_510019448_4105621_6174800_n.jpg

29535_414298104448_510019448_4105622_7023129_n.jpg

29535_414298114448_510019448_4105623_5781199_n.jpg

• Like 2

oh yeah, got all my turn sigs workings. all thats left is the brake lights. Jessi and myself both used the test light and it looks like its the swich on the brake peddle itself thats not telling the brake lights to turn on.

oh yeah, got all my turn sigs workings. all thats left is the brake lights. Jessi and myself both used the test light and it looks like its the swich on the brake peddle itself thats not telling the brake lights to turn on.

if thats the case its a cheap fix lol. snag up a switch from autozone or something and throw it in n test it. cake!

LOVE it! Those are the baddest ass air filters for SU's ever! My only question is What happens if your driving and it starts to monsoon? I have heard about water injection but that is more like river injection :lol: Any luck with your throttle cable yet? I dig your air horns! Probably because I have the same, in the same place. Just in blue :cool:

yeah, the water thing is why im looking for a hood scoop, also why im going to put shorter filter on there so they stick out just a little bit less. then im going to cover the filter with these rain bags they sell at brooks, they let air in and keep water out.

yeah, the water thing is why im looking for a hood scoop, also why im going to put shorter filter on there so they stick out just a little bit less. then im going to cover the filter with these rain bags they sell at brooks, they let air in and keep water out.

lol ya your going to need some waaaay shorter ones if your going to use the Z31 scoop :P

damn, my car isnt charging. and its making a squealing noise when i rev the engine :(

when you put the saturn alt in did you jump the external VR plug correctly? belt squeak might be cause the belt isn't tight enough, or its trying to work to hard, or maybe there is grease on it.

anyone have any ideas on cars to look for at junk yards that have hood scoops that would look good???

keep in mind the filters will be much lower when i put the other filters on so it dosnt need to be a big ass hood scoop

anyone have any ideas on cars to look for at junk yards that have hood scoops that would look good???

keep in mind the filters will be much lower when i put the other filters on so it dosnt need to be a big ass hood scoop

300zx Turbo

This guy's got one for $30

so, my cluch is about to go, i THINK i can make the drive but i dont know.I worryed it going to go out eather on the drive on atlest befor i head home.

also the engine is smoking lightly, and i still havnt got the brake lights working. fucking up my eyes set me back. dont think the 510 is going to make it, guess there always next year :(

i got the shorter filters today, looks a bit better. I still am thinking on trying some of the other filters to see what i like best.

as for the truck, the tie rods on that thing are shot. for intown driving i can deal, but soon as i hit 50mph it becomes a full time workout to keep it on the road.

yeah i hear you man. when you gonna be there? Not sure when i am going yet but wanted to find out when u r there to finally meet you and pickup them mirrors :D

well it looks like im heading up to datsunoob place on thursday just for shits and giggles. and i think he said they plan to head out at noon.