skunks 510

skunk

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: i think im mad at my car or myself (or both) for it not makeing it to canby, i cant seem to get myself to go out and work on it. iv had the last two days off and i havnt even got my hands dirty :sweat:

:o , Yeah I didn't make it to Canby :angry: ---Silly Work---- :lol: ---- keep chuggin Skunk your almost there man :D

:unsure: i think im mad at my car or myself (or both) for it not makeing it to canby, i cant seem to get myself to go out and work on it. iv had the last two days off and i havnt even got my hands dirty :sweat:

Sounds like an excuse to me. like those people who want and want a 510. Finally they get one. Get burned out half way done. Then sell,part out,let rot.

My car is no where near what it was when it drug it home for 500 bucks. I built it from the ground up with a blown out back. You just have to have the passion. Trust me if I can do it you can too.

Oh word of advice. Swap this bitch. Don't waste money on an l motor when you can have a ka for around the same price. Infact you can come out ahead selling the l motor stuff.

not going to do a swap any time soon, my engine runs great, and has way more power then any of the other datsuns i have drivin befor it. I want to do a swap, but thats just not in my funds right now. Im having a hard enough time only having one DD for me a jessi. I need this bitch on the road so we can stop shareing the wagon.

And im not burned out, i just want to do body work but need to do electrical, and i hate electrical. I did get another wiring harness.

The alt over charging, the brake lights and the fact that the car is drawing power when its off and draining the battery are all thats left to work out and then i can have her on the road.

oh yeah crap and my cluch is going to shit.

and i really want to to a ka swap, i just want to have some other things on the car fixed up first.

id like to have full disks on the car for one.Also want to have a r160 in there befor i put more power in it.

And i would like to upgrade my suspension befor i do a swap as well.

and seeing that i dont have weather striping, carpet and need a front window i dont think ill be doing a engine swap anytime soon.

and when i do get a ka, i want to build it myself.

and i really want to to a ka swap, i just want to have some other things on the car fixed up first.

id like to have full disks on the car for one.Also want to have a r160 in there befor i put more power in it.

And i would like to upgrade my suspension befor i do a swap as well.

and seeing that i dont have weather striping, carpet and need a front window i dont think ill be doing a engine swap anytime soon.

and when i do get a ka, i want to build it myself.

That's the boat I'm in. I'm hoping to get my suspension done, interior perfect, full disks, perfect (OK, near perfect)body, and then build up a VG and "drop" her in. I wish I could park this and work on it, but It's my DD and I love driving it.

skunk, gimme a call or shoot me a PM.

I'd like to help with the electrical if I can. You can probably find the draw pretty easily. Disconnect the negative battery cable and put your meter in between the cable and the neg battery post. Set it to amps (mA) and see if there is any sort of reading. Anything over about .50mA will drain your battery flat in a matter of hours. Then remove the fuses, one by one until the meter reads 0, or close to it. Put the fuses back in one by one but leave out the one that seems to be the problem, and then go look over the circuit and wiring. Takes some time, but it's pretty easy.

Have you got an internally regulated alt on the car? There's another set of T-shooting steps for that, but you need to make sure the rest of the harness is operating correctly first.

That dash harness I gave you is out of a '72, it should be plug and play, with the exception of that one connector.

This stuff goes easier with two, maybe jncbot or jas and I could work on it if you're sleeping?

I'd like to help with the electrical if I can. You can probably find the draw pretty easily. Disconnect the negative battery cable and put your meter in between the cable and the neg battery post. Set it to amps (mA) and see if there is any sort of reading. Anything over about .50mA will drain your battery flat in a matter of hours. Then remove the fuses, one by one until the meter reads 0, or close to it. Put the fuses back in one by one but leave out the one that seems to be the problem, and then go look over the circuit and wiring. Takes some time, but it's pretty easy.

Have you got an internally regulated alt on the car? There's another set of T-shooting steps for that, but you need to make sure the rest of the harness is operating correctly first.

That dash harness I gave you is out of a '72, it should be plug and play, with the exception of that one connector.

This stuff goes easier with two, maybe jncbot or jas and I could work on it if you're sleeping?

I am very down to be an extra set of hands....i take directions well too!

right now im just learning, but thats whats great about me....i'm down to help as long as u tell me what to do!

3 days off starting tomorrow WOOT WOOT!!

pm has been sent and ill give you a call if you dont get back to me, i want to get to work

Hey I have a clutch that is used I'm not sure how good is it but if you want it you can have it, if you are interisted ill see how much life is left in it and let you know, so I guess pm me if you want it

• Like 1

:D brake lights work now, battery isnt drawing power when the car is off eather. but now my dizzy is shit. i need new points. i thought i had a el dizzy that was going to work but ended up being for an A-engine. also need to take my carbs off and do some more cleaning and get them some nice oil.

the wire going from mt alt the the starter was the wrong gauge and drawing power on the start to. then there was a ground wire off the old VR that i didnt ground :P . so that fixed the power drawing. as for the brake likes well, i never took my test light to my fuse box. I guess one side was not geting power. cleaned the metal and it worked right away.i never took a brush to it after i let it soke. luckly Nuckday came over and helped me out today, and saw what i didnt.i think ill go out to some junk yards and look for a el dizzy next time i have a day off, iv checked befor but maybe i missed one.