skunks 510

skunk

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to keep working at it, but im starting to lose hope, im thinking about driving it to portland and leaving it there on thursday, so i dont over do it driving up to datsunoobs and back.

I think I gots room for you to park it :D

i hate electrical, there are so meny un pluged wired that i have no idea were they go in my dash. and its just a mess.

i have charged up my battery a few times now but every time i go to start my car its dead, like not even a click dead. and its a new battery. somthing must be draining power when the car is "off".

electrical is so far over my head it makes me cry, i might have to pay someone to take a look at this, eather a shop in town or some one that knows there shit that wants to make some $$$ eather its not something im readdy for.

and i check the brake lights and they are not one of the plugs/wires that lead to nothing.

well it should make it, but im about to take on a engine rebuild for it.

I have that w53 peanut head, i think im going to go with a 94a or even a 91 cam from http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_blank.html?pages/vehicle_search.html, im picking up a l20 block with flat top pistons in it, not sure if im going to run them or bore the block to fit a flat top z piston or not. and with those z carbs it will be a fun little L engine.

i just have to fig out if i want to bore it ot not, if i want to port the head or not. and all that. im going to start doing some reading on L engine build, theres not much info on the w53 peanut head tho.

well it should make it, but im about to take on a engine rebuild for it.

I have that w53 peanut head, i think im going to go with a 94a or even a 91 cam from http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_blank.html?pages/vehicle_search.html, im picking up a l20 block with flat top pistons in it, not sure if im going to run them or bore the block to fit a flat top z piston or not. and with those z carbs it will be a fun little L engine.

i just have to fig out if i want to bore it ot not, if i want to port the head or not. and all that. im going to start doing some reading on L engine build, theres not much info on the w53 peanut head tho.

that head will work great with flat tops. but it will need premium to not ping. I would put 44mm intake valves and port the intake to 1.5 and clean up the exhaust ports like this.

l18-1.jpg

But if you get the valve seats changed make sure the person knows what they are doing because if they do it wrong the seat will fall out.

got the l20b block with flat tops, thank nukeday :D

31885_417006764448_510019448_4174707_4355092_n.jpg

31885_417006774448_510019448_4174708_3775298_n.jpg

31885_417006779448_510019448_4174709_540640_n.jpg

still not sure if im going to bore the block to maybe use ka or even z pistons

or if im going to change the crank,

i need to do some more reading to see what im going for

also picked up a w53 peanut head at canby, it needs most of its guts but its still a peanut

only bad thing is i guess i didnt look it over as well as i thought i did.

31885_417006784448_510019448_4174710_2008643_n.jpg

31885_417006794448_510019448_4174712_1462479_n.jpg

is that a super bad thing like i think it is or am i ok to use this head still?

itl need to be decked for sure, but you shouldn't need to shave it down or anything.

what cylinders is that passive between? Ill look at my head gasket and see how much room for that decay there is.

Iv got lots of head guts too if you need anything :D

itl need to be decked for sure, but you shouldn't need to shave it down or anything.

what cylinders is that passive between? Ill look at my head gasket and see how much room for that decay there is.

Iv got lots of head guts too if you need anything :D

its right in the middle. between 2 and 3

ok Ill go dig my gasket out :P

if you need a hand workin on that head let me know :lol:

i think ill be taking you up on that one skib, im going to start geting the parts together for what i want to run. till then ill just be cleaning and painting what i do have.then when i have it all together and clean i want to get it built and put in asap