mklotz70 1969 wgn

mklotz70

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I got the front done today. It may sit like this for just a bit. For the last two weeks, it's been nothing but house work/cleaning up, car cleanup...I think I might just relax tomorrow! :)

Okay.....here's the before again.....

100_4826.jpg

And most of a days work. I think I'll post the rest of the pics in the strut mod thread :)

100_4948.jpg

100_4949.jpg

100_4950.jpg

100_4951.jpg

Got the front exactly where I want it :) I'll drop the back 2" at a later date :)

I'm diggin the front wheels. I have a set of steelies I'm thinkin about putting them on my goon. Now I think you just talked me into it. :D

I will run the trim rings with some baby moon caps. I have some 9.5" dia 6061 that I'll make them out of. I can't buy em so I'll make em.

Mike you should make some bullets for center caps. :cool:

I'm diggin the front wheels. I have a set of steelies I'm thinkin about putting them on my goon. Now I think you just talked me into it. :D

I will run the trim rings with some baby moon caps. I have some 9.5" dia 6061 that I'll make them out of. I can't buy em so I'll make em.

Mike you should make some bullets for center caps. :cool:

Thanks! I've been wanting to put these on for a couple of years now! I've had them for 4-5 years! I bought the tires last fall.....so this has been a long time coming! :)

I'll look forward to pics in the machine work thread! :) I actually have some extra center caps already. I'd like to put them on, just haven't figured out the mounting yet. .....gears are grinding in the noggin', almost have it figured out :)

No joke! I thought you sprayed it! Good work man:thumbsup:

I used the gun on Paula's 521 with the Trim Black and it was so bad, I finished with the rattle cans and that's why I went with cans for this one! I found out later that I had the gun set up backwards...just didn't feel like messing with the mess this time.

right on looking good love the steelies

:blink:

Thanks. Good to see you on the forum again.

sorry mike couldn't resist

Ya you could have!!! You just didn't...................just like I can resist kicking your butt......I just won't!!!! :) lol!!!

At first i was not liking the car or the matte black rat rod look as it seemed to be played out a lot lately but when i look at your car more I like it more. I liked it more with the pics of the steelies as opposed to the Z wheels. seems to add more character or reminds of some mooneyes old school stuff which is rad. I would like the car more with bumpers on and the front fender signals on. got to bring the back down but I bet you had that planned already

It'll happen....sooner or later :) I need to get a couple other things done before I play more, but I found out that I have saturday off......so I may play then :)

I started to do the rear blocks.....they were really uneven....I had to mill .050" off them to get them evened up! I'll add more about that as I do it. Need to sleep now.

I know what you mean about the black/red being "played out" but.......I still wanted to do it. I seriously considered orange or tan, but I had a bunch of red already!! :) I almost did lime green.....but I didn't want to take away from the Mend project.