mklotz70 1969 wgn

mklotz70

Okay guys....here's my new toy. I traded 1972 L16/weber/EI/auto for this 1969 L20b/weber/EI/dogleg :) They both needed about the same work, but in different ways. My buddy a100addict needed an auto for his kid, and I love the '69 dash.....hhmmm.....the 69 alone is enough to make me want it!!

The pics will probably show more than you want to see. Gotta love the bulk upload they added to photobucket!!! I was going to post all 65 pics I took yesterday, but decided to trim it down to 35. Anyway...I'm not sure just how much I'll be doing to this right now, I need to get the brakes done on the NL so that it can make the Roadster show in March. I did swap steering wheels and clean it up a bit. Spent about 45 min aligning the front pass door, but it's getting changed out anyway...oh well...read the siggy!!

DCP_7343.jpg

DCP_7352.jpg

DCP_7353.jpg

DCP_7358.jpg

DCP_7367.jpg

DCP_7369.jpg

DCP_7370.jpg

DCP_7371.jpg

DCP_7380.jpg

DCP_7381.jpg

DCP_7383.jpg

DCP_7396.jpg

DCP_7403.jpg

DCP_7405.jpg

DCP_7392.jpg

after a couple of min remounting the hood release, vent control and swapping steering wheels :)

DCP_7408.jpg

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike looks like another kool project to me. I bet your glad you have a garage :D LOVE the flames & the "a man with a gun has more fun" sticker...:lol: Overall it looks to be in good shape. If the front side lights are missing i see them on E-bay all the time. Will you be doing a big teardown like the NL or just clean it up a bit & cruise ?

NICE... thanks for the pictures and I may be able to help out with some parts we are building another B-sedan racecar out of a 69 down at Troys shop so its gunna get stripped and I will try to get my hands on as many parts as I can. I will let you know what I end up with if anything and see if you want any of it

Clayton

Thanks guys! Ummm....ya....the flames are....uummm... cool......ya....sure.....uummm....okay..... :)

I should be getting the marker lights as soon as he digs them out.

If it gets a similar treatment as the NL, it may be down the road. I'd like to get it on the road(probably not til spring) so I can work out any bugs, then it will get the vg30/auto and the L20b will find it's way to Paula's 521. At least that's my thinking at this point.

This one's going to take a bit of work. There's broken bolts all over the place. Got two of the broken bumper bolts out yesterday, still have one more. Hood hinge on the left is hindered by a broken bolt in the hood and the body mount. The cover over the gas tank in the rear has a broken bolt in it. That's what I've found so far. There's a ton of missing bolts from when it was completely torn down....so I may end up sacrificing the red wgn in the back yard just to get the bolts :) I have a couple of other things to get done before I can play with some more. It will get a coat of the SEM black that the NL got. Not sure what color it will be in the end, but it's gotta get something!!!!! .....hhmmm....bout time to go get busy anyway :)

I orginally had about 60 pics I tried posting....then the forum wouldn't let me do more than 30(including smileys and such). I should have just put up a second post, but I trimmed down the first instead.

Hey Paul......got any spare bolts I can have???!! LOL :)

Nice Mike, I like the 69's a lot! Being the shorty that I am the lower dash of the 69 gives me a better view of the road ahead.

Really, I didn't notice that it's lower.

The dash is in great condition, no cracks on the pad.

68-69 bumper with license light.

Hatch may have been replaced or the bumper.

Rear vents should be metal.

Fenders looks like it's intact.

The one in Sacramento looks straight as well.

Someone should pick that up before I do :D

Nice score, Mike

It's never enough

...........and you got the rare gas cap.

Better secure that.

It's an easy steal for thieves.

I still have mine and days are counting before someone will snag it.

If your interested on trades for center grill emblem and metal rear hatch vents. I don't see it in the picture unless you have them on parts bin. Let me know

Hey Paul......got any spare bolts I can have???!! LOL :)

How I wish....

I think I'm going to have to start buying those little packages that are always up on ebay...:eek:

I just don't know where you find all these great deals you been getting...

I'll have some cash after the new year and will have you keep an eye out for a 71 4dr for me...though it seems like trucks and wagons are what you're finding lately...

nice score there mike...nice job!

How I wish....

I think I'm going to have to start buying those little packages that are always up on ebay...:eek:

I just don't know where you find all these great deals you been getting...

Like rich people check their stocks and investment first thing in the morning.

Regular folks like me, checks ebay and Craigslist for deals and steals.

1969 Wagon running with Z22e for $600 is a g*d d@mn steal.

Was shock no one jumped on it. Maybe cause it's a wagon. But wagon is still a 510.

Just what you need Mike.....another project. Although you did say you traded it for your other wagon right. Kind of "swapped projects"? Looking good but one question...........do you like hosing down your driveway or something? Every time I get a picture from you the ground is wet. ;)

Nice Mike, I like the 69's a lot! Being the shorty that I am the lower dash of the 69 gives me a better view of the road ahead.

I didn't notice it being lower, but then again, the seats are really low right now...they get swapped as soon as I get a chance....those look nice, but it's like someone put covers on a set of seats that were completely trashed. If they are covers, someone could put them on another set of Z buckets :)

The dash is in great condition, no cracks on the pad.

68-69 bumper with license light.

Hatch may have been replaced or the bumper.

Rear vents should be metal.

Fenders looks like it's intact.

Nice score, Mike

Thanks. That is a '68 bumper that is going back to Dave. I have other plans for the tailgate that don't need the hole in the bumper. I'll have to ask him if he has the vents...I already have a set anyway....I could get another from Kiznook if I wanted. I'll keep these front fenders on for awhile....not sure they're in the final plans, but that's a couple of years down the road anyway.

The dash has one of those abs? caps, so it's hard to the touch, but looks good.

how the heck do you guys do the multi quotes in one reply???

...........and you got the rare gas cap.

Better secure that.

It's an easy steal for thieves.

I still have mine and days are counting before someone will snag it.

If your interested on trades for center grill emblem and metal rear hatch vents. I don't see it in the picture unless you have them on parts bin. Let me know

Really?? ...that's a rare gas cap? I know the locking one for the wgns fetch a lot of money, but I didn't know the non-locking did. I found a locking for another vehicle that worked really well on the other wgn. As soon as I find the make/model it was for, I'll get another for this one.

Trades...hhmm...not sure I have anything you'd want. The grill is the same as the '72, so the emblem mounts are off to the side....and as mentioned, I have some vents. I may shave them anyway. Or...mill some custom ones :)

Hey! I know that wagon!

LOL....I'll bet!! If you find any bolts/parts while cleaning up.... :) I've still got to get with Dave about some of the stuff.....like the plates that go in front of the dash pad and the cover over the gas tank in the rear. .....hhhmmm.....I just realized I gave up my day/night mirror with the red one :(