hacked's 521 (turbo bagged right hand drive)

hacked521

Sorry guys, havent been on here in a while, with my last year of highschool and doing little jobs here and there. I havent had much time. Well dont have any updates really, kinda hit a stopping point until I get some cash built up. Got my turning signal situation fixed, made my own switch. Put a stereo in it, made a dash mat out of a mexican blanket and made some little fenders that mount to the axle housing. Ill get some pictures up tomorrow of how it sits right now.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

while I wait on my new shocks and the bushings, I mocked up the cantilever set up...remember its a mockup theres alot of gussets left out that im gonna put in.

CIMG2729.jpg

CIMG2730.jpg

CIMG2731.jpg

CIMG2733.jpg

the last picture is just showing the welds on one of the rockers it still needs to be gusseted and notched for the bushing.

i've been looking for a parter .... darmtic pause ..... will you marry me

ha ha

fucking nice truck i want one

and thanks for the picture of the engine cross member i had no idea what i was going to do to mine

ryan.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a bed!!! its from a 1927 ford madel t...well could be older than a '27 but not sure. Its a good base to build from and alot cheaper than starting from scratch. Only modifications that will need to be done is lengthening and adding some material to bottomof the bed to make the sides higher. Ill get some pictures up tomorrow, photobuckets being lame.

the shock setup I had mocked up is done too, need to get pictures up of that.

I'll be putting up progress shots of the bed as I go along, theres alot of hamer n dolly work along with some torch work. But for $6 cant go wrong.

Well hacked you are the fabricator. At 16/17 you are extremely knowledgeable and talented. Do not stop! I think what you have done with your 521 is fantastic!

I really like your no fear attitude to try new and different ideas. Your forsite on this truck is outstanding.

I like your idea of dropping the lower body line without channeling the cab.

Your rusty look is hot.

When is your school car show?

Check American Family Insurance for a rate quote.

I live in West Phoenix (Tolleson) and have a 66 520 that I am working on.

Maybe someday we can get together and you can help me with some ideas on my truck.

Just set up a L20b and a five speed in it. I am going up instead of down with mine 2" body lift, customized the steering column with rag joint & ujoint.

I am looking for an automatic transmision that will work with my L20B.

Fatastic Truck keep up the good work!!!

Charlie

Edited by Charlie69
I do not know where the little THUMBS Down Icon came from.

Charlie69- well 17 now, got insurance and driving it around now. The no fear attitude and trying new stuff is the only way youre going to get noticed, if you just repeat what everyone around you is doing, theres no way people will notice you as much. Thats awesome, a lifted datsun! That would deffinately be cool to see in person. About the school car show, its some time in April, im pretty stoked about it.

Oh and I talked to a guy at checkers today, he might have an automatic for you if your interested in going down to Tucson.

mklotz70-well, if you say that bed in person in its current state...you would think totally different. I still gotta shrink, straighten and weld alot of areas. Im planning on leaving some of the dents. The last picture was a 2 second exposure at night in a walmart parking lot, its one of my favorite pictures of the datsun.

That bed is freakin perfect for your 521 Hacked! I can't wait to see it on there. Hell, just set it on there and take a pic so we can get an idea of how sick it will look!

Great Bed Hacked. With your visions and skills that bed will be a perfect addition to your 521. Keep the pictures coming.

My brother Garret is my fabricator. He has built the lift blocks and customized my steering column to a rag joint and ujoint to accomodate the body lift. He is very talented.

As for the automatic transmission I found one in a 76 king cab yesterday. But I am still interested in another one. I also need to find the flexplate and ring and bolts for the crankshaft. My email is charlie69@cox.net if the Checker Auto guy would like to contact me on the auto trans.

I might have a l20b with a five speed for your 521 in a couple months. I have to decide which one I am going to use. Once I decide all you will have to do is come to Phoenix and pick it up. It will be FREE to you! If you want it.

Also please keep me post on your school car show I would like to come down for that.

• 3 weeks later...

well gonna put up a bunch of pictures here in probably an hour, photobucket doesnt like aol and takes a while. I got the bed on the truck now. The first day I had it on there I made a rookie mistake and didnt clearance the bed enough on the left side which caused the left rear to blow on my way to school. Got a new tire mounted that day but the people at wallmart i guess didnt see that the whitewall was faceing OUT on the blown tire so they put the new one with the white on the inside...which gives me one tire with the whitewall on the inside.:o

CIMG2819.jpg

added about 6 inches to the bed

CIMG2818.jpg

Started frenchin in some cadi style lights i got for $6 a piece at a truck stop

CIMG2817.jpg

Showing some more of the french in process.

CIMG2815.jpg

Got the bed on there finally!!!

edited.jpg

another view.

The walmart parking lot picture was done by leaving the shutter open for 2 seconds, its a pretty simple thing to do if you know your way around shutterspeeds and f-stops.

The walmart parking lot picture was done by leaving the shutter open for 2 seconds, its a pretty simple thing to do if you know your way around shutterspeeds and f-stops.

hmm

Can't seem to find that setting on my Canon Power shot digital camera.

Is it only certain high end camera that can do this or ........?